New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Display Port not Responding

Xtopher88Xtopher88 Posts: 2
NerveGear
I have already gone through tech support with NVidia to try and resolve this problem thinking it was my graphics card. I have a NVdia 1050 ti (min spec). My system meets all other specifications including the min spec for the graphics card but it is still not working. The 3.0 USB is working fine but the DisplayPort input keeps spinning with no response. The VR headset is connected except for the video feed. This is a brand new computer and graphics card. Also, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Oculus software, updating my graphics card (with NVIDIA and Gigabyte) and Windows 10. Even the old unplug and re-plug trick display port cable. Nothing has worked. This is definitely a DisplayPort issue. Anyone else experiencing this problem and if so, have you found a fix?

Comments

• antitrust42antitrust42 Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    same for me , headset not detect the displayport , i tried all 
  • jordan.newkirkjordan.newkirk Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm having this same problem. My usb is being recognized but my display port isn't. My screen turns on but itsn't detected by oculus.
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 954 Oculus Staff
    Hey @Xtopher88, @antitrust42, @jordan.newkirk, I'm sorry to hear about you're having issues with the DisplayPort not responding. Please try disconnecting the headset from the computer, wait 5 seconds, connect the USB first, wait another 5 seconds, and then try connecting the DisplayPort. It's important to have the USB connection fully established first before you connect the DisplayPort connection. If you're still having issues, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com . Thanks! -Rick
  • MadSaitistMadSaitist Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 2019
    I have the same problem. The screen turns on but isn't detected so it won't let me do settings or can't play any game. I already contacted to support and they say it is cuz I use a laptop. 1050 ti is min for desktops and not for laptops. it should be higher on laptops.
    well, they should have written that on min specs thing then...
  • Will_da_SailorWill_da_Sailor Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    My Displayport is not recognized, but my USB is. My Displayport is not turning on at all. I was thinking it might be the cable. Since I do rotate a lot in some games. I thinking the small cable bundles inside are damaged but not sure. 
  • Will_da_SailorWill_da_Sailor Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    when is the Rift S Cable going to be available for purchase?
  • HailHogeHailHoge Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    same issue. it is not yet fixed.
    If you have n’t returned HMD yet , report them using the help center.

• olskiiiiolskiiii Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I’m still getting this problem could anyone help?
    NerveGear
    Like I can play a game for only a bit then it goes black screen orange light with no response I’m running a 1060 nvida amd fx something and 8gb of ram it past the test easily here are my logs and the photo
    NerveGear
  • AlprometheAlpromethe Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    olskiiii said:
    And here are my logs 
    olskiiii said:
    Like I can play a game for only a bit then it goes black screen orange light with no response I’m running a 1060 nvida amd fx something and 8gb of ram it past the test easily here are my logs and the photo
    have u find any solution?
  • Keith_SKeith_S Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Your headset volume is too high. Reduce it to 40-50% then reconnect the headset. Sounds crazy but it fixed my black screen issues (also 1050Ti).
  • barongergvbarongergv Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    Hey @Xtopher88, @antitrust42, @jordan.newkirk, I'm sorry to hear about you're having issues with the DisplayPort not responding. Please try disconnecting the headset from the computer, wait 5 seconds, connect the USB first, wait another 5 seconds, and then try connecting the DisplayPort. It's important to have the USB connection fully established first before you connect the DisplayPort connection. If you're still having issues, please contact support at  . Thanks! -Rick
    Nice of you to be on the ball there Rick, how about helping us fix this?
  • jrmajalajrmajala Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    So I just picked up a Rift S today, and I'm running into the same issue that you all have. Everything connects, except my DisplayPort says it's not working. It will work for a few seconds, and disconnect again. I think I found a probable cause: 
    The left connector is a "standard" DisplayPort connector that I use for my monitor, the right is the Oculus Rift S connector. I'm connecting up to my desktop, so my bet is that the case material surrounding the expansion slot is just thick enough to keep the Rift S plug from plugging in 100%, causing the connection issue. I know the port works, because my monitor works just fine. Why on earth could they not make it the same size as a "standard" connector??  
  • Serjo92Serjo92 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    i have the same problem, no one was found a solution?
  • NxTwoNxTwo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    dont know if you all are still having this issue, but i just bought one and had the same issue. I have my main monitor is a displayport monitor, and secondary is a HDMI. I have a 2080ti. Turns out i had to disconnect my displayport monitor and connect the rift only. No other displayports can be used. HDMi works fine. But as soon as i disconnected my displayport monitor and connected the rift, it worked.
  • zakattack04zakattack04 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Yeah, I am having a similar issue, been trouble shooting for two days. Thought maybe the update two hours ago would fix it but nope. I tried a clean instillation of graphics drivers and Oculus software, both with no good results.
  • SuperBigBangSuperBigBang Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    i have the same problem =( 
  • MrXanManMrXanMan Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    saaaaame issue.... still.....
    NerveGear
    maybe this only happens on nvidia graphics cards?
  • Hmiel56Hmiel56 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    so did we ever get an answer to this?
  • darkmatter77712darkmatter77712 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
     No I have a gigabyte graphics card FX 480 I am having the same problem the display port will not connect even though my computer recognizes it and so does the graphics card as a display I can’t even remove the wire and plug it back in and I can tell that it is connecting and disconnecting . 

I do have my main monitor plugged in to the graphics card also I wonder if this causes a problem and maybe I need to figure out another way to connect yet does anyone have a response to this. 
    NerveGear
     No I have a gigabyte graphics card FX 480 I am having the same problem the display port will not connect even though my computer recognizes it and so does the graphics card as a display I can’t even remove the wire and plug it back in and I can tell that it is connecting and disconnecting . 

I do have my main monitor plugged in to the graphics card also I wonder if this causes a problem and maybe I need to figure out another way to connect yet does anyone have a response to this. 
    After weeks of experiments, it turned out that the problems were related to the latest update / firmware + USB ports, while there was no solution. I just have to try to install a separate USB3.0 controller with additional power, it will arrive only at the end of the week. Support rarely answers, but still send them logs, let them fix it soon. (Or maybe they don’t answer, because the holidays)
  • ocrat54catcherocrat54catcher Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hi folks have the same problem display port not working or usb ! why did i sell the original rift ? that worked fine ! This one is pants always loosing connection and now useless ! 
    NerveGear
    Anyone out there got the solution ?  OCULUS ARE YOU LOOKING HERE ? YOUR GONNA LOOSE LOTS OF SALES THROUGH THIS !!!!
  • YokkeeYokkee Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    2.1.0 frimware was working for me untill 2.2.0.. i was blocking update with hosts file by setting update page as localhost.
    but now after last oculus support answer they forced me to do so actions again with beta installs and now 2.2.0 its base frimware after downloading. someone know how can i downgrade manually to previous frimware?
  • paul.crain.77paul.crain.77 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Was having the same issue with the system not detecting the display port. There’s an older thread that we tried and it worked!  You have to plug the Oculus in to the main display port. We had the monitor plugged in to ours. Unplugged the monitor and used that post and works just fine. Evidently you cannot use the oculus and the monitor at the same time, but it works. 
  • YokkeeYokkee Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Just tryed to unplug both monitors (hdmi first and then dvi) while was updating firmware. No effect. Looks like tried every shaman dance.
    Only need to get drivers or last build installation somehow and block new later updates so i can stay like this forever. If they just put last frimware to base installation so why i cant get other old with previos driver. For real its not sounds difficult. Spent whole day with google on previos drivers searching.
    NerveGear
    I wonder if oculus are looking art this might take a pic and email it to them to wake them up!!