cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else having a problem with Wifi sticking?  I am logged in to 5Ghz wifi and it's very fast....but after about 15 mins everything will lose internet ability....videos will stop and any games that require internet will get booted.  The only fix is to go into settings > Wifi then disable wifi and re-enable it.  When this happens the Wifi menu says I am connected with a strong signal.  I did some searching and found a thread on the Go describing the EXACT same issue.  I really hope this isn't a problem since a year ago that isn't getting fixed.  It's really annoying when streaming video and having to fix it every 15 mins.
4 REPLIES 4

TheDreamKeeper
Honored Guest
I have been having the same problem on my go and now also on the Quest 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course @OculusSupport just assumed it was my wifi or router. 

theknight1
Honored Guest
having WiFi connection issues...can't authenticate...was working this morning fine

Eurobuff
Explorer

rservello said:

Anyone else having a problem with Wifi sticking?  I am logged in to 5Ghz wifi and it's very fast....but after about 15 mins everything will lose internet ability....videos will stop and any games that require internet will get booted.  The only fix is to go into settings > Wifi then disable wifi and re-enable it.  When this happens the Wifi menu says I am connected with a strong signal.  I did some searching and found a thread on the Go describing the EXACT same issue.  I really hope this isn't a problem since a year ago that isn't getting fixed.  It's really annoying when streaming video and having to fix it every 15 mins.

I am having the exact same issue. Seemed ok on day one, but every day after that it’s losing connection with the wifi 2 or 3 times in the space of 1 - 1 1/2 hrs of using. It’s not app specific, it has happened in Rec Room, Bigscreen, and even the main home screen. But when I click on WiFi it say excellent signal and connected. My quest is about 3 feet from the router. No other devices that I have, have this issue. I am wondering if the controllers could be interfering with the WiFi or if it’s prone to do this when the battery on the quest is getting low? I also have issues of one of the controllers “disappearing” or one of the “hands” on the floor upside down or behind my back, wondering if this could be connected as, the connection just doesn’t seem to be quite right.