cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update stuck halfway, when setting up wifi app says "something went wrong" then loses connection

craig_edwards_i
Honored Guest
I am trying to set up my Quest for the first time. When going through the wifi part when I enter in my wifi password it hangs for 10 seconds or so then says "Something went wrong. Please try again." then a few seconds later it comes up with the "Headset Not Connected" popup. On the headset itself the Updating Headset screen is open halfway updated and it has been so for over an hour.

I have tried to do a factory reset on the quest, uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my iphone, and pairing a new device feature. Nothing gets me past this halfway spot. Anyone else got these issues?
4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @craig.edwards.invent, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems updating your Quest. The factory reset usually resolves update issues. If possible, please try connecting to a different wifi network. If you need more help, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/ . Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

shobz_
Honored Guest
I am seeing the same issue, while connecting to wifi  , it says "Something went wrong". I am entering the right credentials of my wifi, how did it work for you @"craig.edwards.invent"

landflucht
Honored Guest
Is this issue resolved? I'm having exactly the behaviour that OP describes.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Turn your wifi router off - then on again too.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.