Crashing after a few minutes in a game — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Crashing after a few minutes in a game

fixedgeraldfixedgerald Posts: 3
NerveGear
Whenever I try to play Vader Immortal or Robo Recall for more than a few minutes it  the game crashes and takes me back home. Anyone else getting this?
Tagged:

Comments

• h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    I got crashings in Bigscreen and VR Chat. Not very stable at all I guess.
  • ZendarwolfYTZendarwolfYT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Orbus is crashing a lot too for me as well as rec room. Other games seem to play just fine. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,790 Valuable Player
    Oh damn.  Is it hot where you are?  Can you hear the fan if you mute the volume?
  • WizZifnabWizZifnab Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited May 25
    So, I've had some issue with tracking in both Robo Recall and Vader Immortal.  In both cases, I can play for about 15mins maybe, but then seems like the tracking gets out of wack somehow.  When it happens I take a break.  But its so far the most annoying thing about my Quest.  

I've thought maybe its because I just get a bit too spastic with spinning around trying to watch my back.  In Vader Immortal I was admonished in the Dojo a number of times for stepping outside the red lines.
  • GatoDoCosmosGatoDoCosmos Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Also playing Vader Immortal here and having same issues with the game just shutting off and taking me back home.  I'm also getting a loud buzzing noise right before the game freezes.  
  • SecretHero303SecretHero303 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I also have  tracking/crushing issue while playing Robo Recall but it happens couple of times within 2hours of play
  • LeoLegionLeoLegion Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have had the same issues as well, and I'm really starting to get concerned. not only do I get many crashes; I also have tracking issues every once in a while. not sure if it's my pc or the rift s itself. sometimes I even get black screens.
  • sraurasraura Posts: 449
    Trinity
    what you guys mean with crashing to home?
    a) entire game process shuts down and oculus home pops up
    b) oculus home pops up but game keeps running in the background (can be selected from dash bar and brought back to "front")

...and did someone experience some other kind of "crash" ?
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    My Quest hadn't crashed at all..until yesterday. I was playing Angry Birds VR when the display went blank & it took me back to the home screen.  It was however, also installing “Moss” at the same time. Or at least I had started the installation just before launching Angry Birds. I’m guessing the two processes together were too much for the Quest.

- Steve  
  • Whyte.NoyseWhyte.Noyse Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This keeps happening to me as well.  I will be in the middle of a fight on robo recall, and all of a sudden I'm back at the home screen.  This is super annoying, there's only so many times you can replay a level before it gets really old.
  • denododenodo Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Yep!!! Since the 1.38 update most games crash. The only one that is fairly stable is XPlane 11, but I no longer have audio
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    edited June 24
    denodo said:
    Yep!!! Since the 1.38 update most games crash. The only one that is fairly stable is XPlane 11, but I no longer have audio
    Asuming you’re referring to Rift in the Quest forum section? There is no 1.38 update on the Quest it’s 256550.6170.5, and XPlane isn’t available?