No sound in tutorial Rift S and Eve Valkyrie Warzone — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

No sound in tutorial Rift S and Eve Valkyrie Warzone

GERMINATOR33GERMINATOR33 Posts: 22
Brain Burst

I am on Windows 10 version 1903, motherboard an MSI P67 A 55 gd, Core I7 3770, RTX 2080 Ultra TI EVGA, 32 DDR3 RAM. My BIOS is up to date version 4.3 and all my drivers and graphics driver and Realteck audio too.

I did not have any sound during the installation oculus rift S including in the tutorial of the little robot demo type Walle. Yet I have some sound in the VR menu.

I also had, like many people, the problem USB rift HUB that I resolved by putting the Generic USB HUB drivers in the list of available drivers.

At one point, I had a request in the Oculus application to update my USB3 port driver, but it has disappeared and no longer requires it.

The ROBOT recall, Lone Echo, Dangerous elite, digital combat simulator, and speeder man home coming games work properly. Only Eve valkyrie has no sound like the Rift S tutorial for which I have zero sound.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've tried just about every solution I've seen online and nothing seems to help.

I changed the default audio device so that it is the rift helmet in Windows 10 but I have the same problem.

I uninstalled and reinstalled oculus rift S then Eve Valkyrie 3 times, but nothing works.

I don’t understand

I saw on English forums that the withdrawal of the PTC could repair, but I do not know what the PTC.

Ha yes one more thing, my helmet stays all the time lit blue in front with the white light inside. It never goes out. It does not go in orange color.

Can you help me or should I despair or return the helmet before it's too late?

Tagged:

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,400 Valuable Player
    I think it has to do with the May Windows Creators update 1903.

I updated yesterday morning to 1903, and I lost the ambient sound in Oculus Home. I posted on this and someone mentioned it was a known issue using Oculus with version 1903 - hopefully there will be a fix coming before too long.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Tisa-Tisa- Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited May 24
    Same kind of issue.
    I have sound into the Oculus Home, but not into games.
    Wasn't able to fix it, so i set my headphone to play with the rift s T_T (connected to the computer, not on rift)
  • N7EVOXN7EVOX Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same issue since the 1903 update. No sound in Face your fears, Oculus Home, Tutorial with Robot....
  • GERMINATOR33GERMINATOR33 Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    ok, i hope there is an quick update
    Official statement from Oculus on the audio issue with Windows 1903.

"If you're not hearing audio in VR during a specific game or app in your Rift S, it may be due to a known issue with your computer's Windows Operating system. Windows build 1903 and insider builds may block audio in certain Rift S experiences. Windows builds 1809 and prior are unaffected.

Please keep an eye out for a Windows update soon that will resolve this issue."

https://support.oculus.com/347068065953251/
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Swifty0neSwifty0ne Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    edited May 24
    So I guess Oculus is ok with its products not working due to a Windows Issue. Steam VR does not seam to be affected. It could take Redmond a year to fix this if it only effects Oculus hardware. 
  • dongleberrydongleberry Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yeah, same problem here.  Headset works fantastic for everything else, but no sound in those programs is a bit of a drag.  A fix would be great!
    Yeah it really does not reflect well on Oculus to have a known issue such as this with Windows 1903 continue on at the same time the Rift S hits the streets. As more and more update to 1903 there will be more and more having the issue.

Between headset no display at times issues and this, forums going to be a busy place, along with support.
    Don

Brain Burst

It's clear.

I contacted the audience, tried all their indication but still the same problem. Here are their indications

Maxime (Oculus Support)

May 24, 1:21 AM PDT

Hello Laurent,

Thank you for contacting Oculus and your interest in our brand.

I'm sorry to hear this audio problem with your Rift S.

I will ask you some small manipulations and some questions:

When you use your own headphones (or your computer speakers) for Eve Valkyrie, does it work?

When you go into Eve Valkyrie's options (via Oculus Home) are the options good audio level?

If nothing ever works, check via your Windows 10 options if something is not disabled (click here: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/4026994/windows-10-fix-sound-problems);

Once you have made the changes (if you need to make a change), restart your computer and re-install the affected application.

If nothing has changed, I invite you to come back to me, we are actively working on our side as well.

I wish you a good day.

Yours truly,

Maxim

Oculus Support

• dongleberrydongleberry Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Actually, there was a Windows update yesterday that seems to have fixed it for me.  At least so far.  Everything worked with sound.  

Hopefully it's all good now.  Love the Rift S so far!
    Brain Burst
    Actually, there was a Windows update yesterday that seems to have fixed it for me.  At least so far.  Everything worked with sound.  

hello dongleberry, currently no update for me on windows update.
     Can you tell me what update it is.

Brain Burst

I Have just This

Hmm, I just checked for updates and there was none for me.
    Keeping fingers crossed I get one soon.
    Don

Brain Burst
    dburne said:

Hmm, I just checked for updates and there was none for me.
    Keeping fingers crossed I get one soon.

still nothing for me

Brain Burst

I do not know why but my post is open twice on this forum

But I continue on that one. There is another subject that lasts longer: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73901/no-sound-on-oculus-home-touch-basics-and-first-contact/p3.

It seems that a version 1903 OS build 18362.145 of windows corrects this problem.

However, my version is 1903 OS build 18362.116.

I do not know how to get 18362.145 because my windows update does not tell me anything.

Brain Burst

it would be the update:

Windows 10 update KB4497935 (build 18362.145) release for version 1903

as they talk about it here: https://pureinfotech.com/kb4497935-windows-10-build-18362-145-1903/

Brain Burst

Well I found the solution to the problem of sound in the Oculus Setup demo and Eve Valkyrie.

It is indeed necessary to put the update KB4497935 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.145.

As she is not yet released in Europe I downloaded it here:

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/133270-cumulative-update-kb4497935-windows-10-v1903-build-18362-145-may-24-a.html

And to install it I applied option 2 of this method for .cab files:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/66346-install-cab-file-windows-10-a.html

I put the file "windows10.0-kb4497935-x64_32e1aacf9c4d951e54921d566e08cd683f5db07d.cab" directly on my hard drive C and I run the command line in PowerShell in administrator mode.

Leave the file as it is, do not uncompress it with winrar.

Here is the command line to install the file directly under C

DISM / Online / Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\windows10.0-kb4497935-x64_32e1aacf9c4d951e54921d566e08cd683f5db07d.cab "

Type Enter, Restart the PC at the invitation with Yes and here is the version 18362.145 installed.

Since no more problem of sound in the oculus installation demo and in Eve Valkyrie.

It also seems to have solved the small flashes of snow that could sometimes appear in game but not the problem of headphones that never really goes off like the old CV1

Sorry for my english because i'm french.

I hope this will help you.