cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!
103 REPLIES 103

cybershrapnel
Protege
seconded

Reinart_The_Fox
Explorer
in my last e-mail with support i asked them to make an official statement on this forum.

Reinart_The_Fox
Explorer
i'm guessing they don't know what to say yet

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Yeah it's been two days now, three for some. I think its only fair to either call for a recall on defective units or let us know a firmware or app update will fix this. It's the not knowing that's causing most people concern.
Like I've said I do not mind waiting for a fix but I'll be dammed if they are just going to ignore me in the hopes I'll just take the hit on defective hardware that will never be right.

Dapperlad
Protege
I've had a ticket open since Launch Day and not a single word in response! It's outrageous.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Glad someone agrees. I have been getting a lot of fanboy comments telling me to calm down. Best part of it is most of them prob don't even own a Rift! and i have been supporting Oculus since the start owning not only the CV1 but the prototype before it.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Just heard from a guy on reddit that he got into a chat from his ticket and they are sending him a new headset with promise of a refund if it does not work. Looks like its the hardware guys, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
At this rate it will be weeks before I get a working headset 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are probably swamped. I mean, if you look at all the problem threads on the forum, I can only imagine how many emails they got sent. It sucks, but if you're patient I'm sure they will help. I also have a ticket in there for a broken Touch controller and I am waiting too.

cybershrapnel
Protege
I firmly believe the problem lies in the cable...