Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us? - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Comments

• SinsinfulSinsinful Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Jesus christ. Jesus fu@kin christ. Just because you try an act all polite does not make you any less of a troll. I thought this was a community of like minded VR users. It's just a jerk circle for fanboys. None of you who are trolling have added anything to the conversation other than defence of really bad, unacceptable customer service. Acting as a shield for a company for a company behaving in the way Oculus is at the minute is pathetic. My posts are not for you rabbit toxic fanboys my posts are for the people who paid £400 for a broken product and have enough respect for ourselves to expect our expensive purchases to work from day 1!
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,599 Valuable Player
    Whelp there we go back to religion again.
    WAAAGH!
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    falken76 said:
    .... It's a shame you fell for only buying your games through Oculus for some weird Loyalty reason, I didn't trust it at all because it was a walled garden and the majority of the games were also available on the service I was familiar with and I understood to be a universal platform supporting many hardware manufacturers.  On top of that I never had performance issues with steam and I started this on hardware that was not supported (I7 2600k).  I'd only buy exclusives on the Oculus store, but nothing looks interesting to me that is exclusive....
    I wish I would've realized this a year ago when I bought my Rift.  I've purchased several games, all through Oculus. My fault really for not doing the proper due diligence.  I suppose it's not a problem unless I go to a different manufacturer. Ah well, lesson learned and I'll keep your comments in mind from here on out. 

WRT the thread itself, it seems these issues are "bleeding edge" problems, and the support folks are just overwhelmed. I've been part of that group (BE buyer). Knew what I was getting into, though still frustrating. Good luck to both users and support. This too will pass
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,245 Volunteer Moderator

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    OK folks back to OP's topic please....Grrrr Oculus Grrr
    Yes sorry

also apology to any English vicars here.

I’m sure your a Sex God!!
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,907 Valuable Player
    I'm Zenbane and so's my wife!!!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,270 Valuable Player
    You obviously have never encountered any issues sir or you are a master of zen. I would say being a monk like yourself sounds like a wonderful thing to achieve.

I've encounter real issues, that make technology issues seem about as critical as making a pencil point slightly dull. If debugging tech makes you go made, insane, and range... then the things I went through in like 5th grade would likely make you poop yo pants. It's all about experience and perspective.

The things that are making you rage are First World "inconveniences" at best.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Hiro Protagonist
    Zenbane was bullied..... SHOCKER.
    Hiro Protagonist
    is that supposed to be comedy?
  • hellbringeranushellbringeranus Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited May 30
    Zenbane said:
    You obviously have never encountered any issues sir or you are a master of zen. I would say being a monk like yourself sounds like a wonderful thing to achieve.

I've encounter real issues, that make technology issues seem about as critical as making a pencil point slightly dull. If debugging tech makes you go made, insane, and range... then the things I went through in like 5th grade would likely make you poop yo pants. It's all about experience and perspective.

The things that are making you rage are First World "inconveniences" at best.
    It is as we all had feared then. Zenbane is the master of Zen a feared monk like god who has bested every trial. Without ever raising a pencil!
    It is as we all had feared then. Zenbane is the master of Zen a feared monk like god who has bested every trial. Without ever raising a pencil!

There's nothing "pencil" about what I "raise," baby ;)
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,806 Valuable Player

So oculus should be addressing it and handling this professionally and giving us customers the quality of attention we deserve.

this is just my 2 cents
    Do you think they're just sitting on their hands and doing absolutely nothing?
    Its okay, everyone

Oculus troubleshoot have been tracked down, looks like soon.

Brain Burst
    falken76 said:

So oculus should be addressing it and handling this professionally and giving us customers the quality of attention we deserve.

this is just my 2 cents
    Worse I think oculus is rolling in piles of money laughing at us all.
    occasionally looking at the support forums before getting back to the party
    falken76 said:

this is just my 2 cents
    Don't be silly, they aren't volunteers so why would they look at these forums  o:) party all the way dude....

falken76 said:

this is just my 2 cents
    Maybe you should get some of that back and return it since they're doing such a bad job.  Why would anyone want to support a company that only rolls around in the money they made while laughing at the consumer.  If you keep it, you're just torturing yourself willingly if this is truly what you believe.
    Brain Burst
    falken76 said:
    falken76 said:

this is just my 2 cents
    Maybe you should get some of that back and return it since they're doing such a bad job.  Why would anyone want to support a company that only rolls around in the money they made while laughing at the consumer.  If you keep it, you're just torturing yourself willingly if this is truly what you believe.
    I support them cus they have me by the balls. cheapest most convenient VR headset on the market.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,599 Valuable Player
    falken76 said:

this is just my 2 cents

WAAAGH!
    I support them cus they have me by the balls. cheapest most convenient VR headset on the market.

So pay more to set your balls free. What's more convenient than being in control of your own balls??
    Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:

So pay more to set your balls free. What's more convenient than being in control of your own balls??
    My sweaty nutsack doesnt deserve that kind of money to be set free. unless you are willing to donate master zenbane
    edited May 30
    Zenbane said:

My sweaty nutsack doesnt deserve that kind of money to be set free. unless you are willing to donate master zenbane

I swear I read that as Dominate master Zenbane,

carry on  :|
    edited May 30

falken76 said:
    falken76 said:

this is just my 2 cents

Maybe dial back the expectations then if you're going for the "cheapest" option out there, don't expect enterprise level support on an item that was just released and doesn't have a paid for tech support option.  It's handled as best they can considering the volume and the fact that they are supporting two brand new devices that essentially came out at the same time.