Best way for meetings in Unreal Engine with VR — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Best way for meetings in Unreal Engine with VR

zeve3dzeve3d Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hello all,

We are an architectural lighting design company in Turkey. We want to present our designs in a VR meeting.
Which way and Oculus model is the best for us?
I understand that every headset needs a computer. Is there any way to do this with one computer and multiple headsets? (online or at the same room.)

Comments

• zeve3dzeve3d Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    And in case if it doesn't work, can I have a master headset (connected to the PC via USB and HDMI) and viewer headsets (connected to an HDMI multiplier connected to PC, but not connected via USB) ?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,891 Valuable Player
    It would help to know what you're going to be using the headsets for so that we can advise you I think. A HDMI multiplier won't work. Your best bet would be to use standalone headsets I think like the Oculus Go or Oculus Quest because that way you don't need to use a PC.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Swifty0neSwifty0ne Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    Buy like 50 Oculus Quests and set up a private room in AltSpace VR. :)  Put up a Basketball Hoop in the corner or something. 

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,791 Valuable Player
    zeve3d said:
    Hello all,

We are an architectural lighting design company in Turkey. We want to present our designs in a VR meeting.
    I understand that every headset needs a computer. Is there any way to do this with one computer and multiple headsets? (online or at the same room.)

You want to present your designs in what way?  On a 2d screen or will you be importing 3d models/CAD?  You could use Bigscreen to present the designs on a large screen.

How many people would you want at these meetings?
  • w_benjaminw_benjamin Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    The 50 Quests sounds good.
    That way they could join the meeting almost anywhere (They'd need a WI-Fi network to log onto)
    They also wouldn't need a PC to go with it.
    And the basketball hoop is a nice touch to build some camaraderie.
    NerveGear
    zeve3d said:
    Hello all,

You want to present your designs in what way?  On a 2d screen or will you be importing 3d models/CAD?  You could use Bigscreen to present the designs on a large screen.

Hello,

I want to present the designs in Unreal Engine with VR. We are already using Oculus Rift for that, but we can only use one headset. We want to put 4+ people inside our project in VR at the same time. The real problem / question is, do we need a PC for every headset? Or is there a way to use 4+ headsets in only one PC? 
    NerveGear
    zeve3d said:
    zeve3d said:
    Hello all,

Hello,

I want to present the designs in Unreal Engine with VR. We are already using Oculus Rift for that, but we can only use one headset. We want to put 4+ people inside our project in VR at the same time. The real problem / question is, do we need a PC for every headset? Or is there a way to use 4+ headsets in only one PC? 
    We import 3D models into Unreal Engine with lighting etc. and then look at it in VR. (Sorry for poor English :)