cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardian not found?

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
Why when I turn it on does it say "guardian not found" and ask me to draw the line again? I'm in the same room and nothing has changed.  If it keeps doing this I'm sending the headset back. 
6 REPLIES 6

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
I turned it off and on again. This time it switches between the tracking lost message and the home screen every second. Is my headset faulty after just being left alone over night? Ffs

kojack
MVP
MVP
It's possible your room doesn't have suitable detail or lighting for the tracking to reidentify where the headset is (one of the downsides to inside out tracking). I'd try it in another room, to see if it's just a location problem (might need some posters on the wall or something) or a headset issue.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
This happened to a reviewer and he simply switched OFF/ON and it resumed that room.

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Could either be too dark or too bright for the tracking to work. If you look at the image in passthrough mode and everything is either white or very dark, then that is the problem.

Also, try to avoid mirrors, bright lights etc.

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
I'm in the same room I've been using it in since launch day! Same lighting conditions...same room setup.

But thanks for trying peeps. It started working after a second reboot. I'll come back if it does it again. If it's a regular thing I'm gonna go mental lol

Metroenthusiast
Honored Guest
Mine as well whenever putting the headset on. I have to create a new guardian over and over again. It always was fine earlier but now there is some issue with the detection. I have spent a lot of money in buying this headset and I really want to use more and more without returning it. Can you please help me fix this problem.