cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo - constant crashes with Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else seeing this?
Can't get Lone Echo to run since getting my Rift S.
The game launches fine, but when I start a mission within a minute or so the game crashes to desktop.
This is with any saved games and also started a new one and it crashed as well.

12 REPLIES 12

lensmandave
Superstar
Working fine for me. I thought I would check it out with the 'S' and played for about 40 minutes, looked gorgeous with no problems. Is your Lone Echo up to date?
Dave
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

saami81
Rising Star
No problems in here with Rift-S. Maybe game files have corrupted somehow? Not sure, if oculus store have repair function like steam store.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a repair of Oculus software yesterday trying to see if it would help a different issue, so that did not do it.
May have to just try to reinstall the game. Thanks for the feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm updating it now, getting ready to try it out with the S 🙂  I never got too far, but am going to get into now with the S. I'm hearing it looks really nice! I'm loving the S, everything but the sound of course. I did plug in my own headphones and it sounded great, but that extra worry of another thing on the head kills immersion for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doctori said:

I'm updating it now, getting ready to try it out with the S 🙂  I never got too far, but am going to get into now with the S. I'm hearing it looks really nice! I'm loving the S, everything but the sound of course. I did plug in my own headphones and it sounded great, but that extra worry of another thing on the head kills immersion for me. 

I use earbuds which help, however I know they are not for everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I even tried uninstalling and installing the game fresh again.
Due to my Rift S dying on me, am back on CV1 now also.

Dang thing still continuously crashes to desktop after a minute or so in the game.
Totally unusable for me for some reason. No problem with any of my other games.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

dburne said:

Dang thing still continuously crashes to desktop after a minute or so in the game.

Did you update your video drivers? It sounds like a video driver issue. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

sford52
Heroic Explorer
There are some log files in the games directory  ...\Oculus Apps\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\_local\r14logs. They are text files and may be of some help. Also, do your Windows events show anything?
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

dburne said:

Did you update your video drivers? It sounds like a video driver issue. 

Yes currently on latest Nvidia drivers.