Important for new users - if you think your posts were deleted or failed to get through — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Important for new users - if you think your posts were deleted or failed to get through

kojackkojack Posts: 5,245 Volunteer Moderator
edited May 25 in General
Users on this forum can be either unverified or verified. New users start as unverified.
Any unverified user has every post inspected by the automatic spam filter. If it thinks a post might be spam, it gets put into a special queue for moderators or admins to check. The actual rules of the filter aren't something I have access to, but things like posting links to external sites (even the main oculus site) or certain keywords can trigger it.

If the forum is telling you a post wasn't approved, please don't keep reposting it. We have to manually verify each one in case they weren't all identical (and the UI for that sucks, it's a 4cm wide column of raw html).

Generally deleting posts on here is a last resort action. The odds are that if a post you made went missing:
- It got caught by the spam filter. It will come back when one of us checks.
- It got moved to another board (like developer questions). It should still be in your personal post list.

When we check the spam queue, we verify users with legit posts, so you won't get caught again.

Also note for other users: if you see somebody repeat a post multiple times, it's probably because we verified their account but haven't yet gone over every post to check for duplicates. Don't blame the user.

Comments

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,177
    Wintermute
    So im not going crazy. ty

You know when you feel like:

Be good, die great !
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,753 Valuable Player
    I really don't envy our volunteer moderator team right now.  They simply aren't paying you guys enough to deal with all of this.  :wink:

Especially all the people who create an account and skip straight to the "new thread" button without looking to see if there are already threads identical to the one they're about to make.  :grimace:
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,212
    Wintermute
    So if you're a New User waiting to be "Very fried", you may like to wait in this errr lobby where you can sit back and relax to KPOP and METAL music ;)
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/45686/the-music-thread#latest
  • Lethal_AimsLethal_Aims Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for the explanation. As a new user I fell found of this. At the time I was posting from an iPad which makes it easy to miss the fact that your post requires moderation. I think the on-screen keyboard covers the message.

A spam filter which flags internal links to it's own domain sounds misconfigured to me and is just generating work for the mods. However, I appreciate that this is not in their control.