New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest - Recorded Videos will not play on PC

iN5OMANiACiN5OMANiAC Posts: 19
NerveGear
As above, I record gameplay footage using the inbuilt record feature, it plays back on my Quest just fine (apart from the audio lag), but when I plug into my PC and drag them off they arent playable, they are the right file size and they're MP4 format but they dont have a thumbnail picture or a length.

I had this before with two other recordings, I went back and watched on Quest then plugged it back in again and they suddenly worked as a normal video, but the latest two just wont. It's like theyr enot finalised or something. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• XtruderXtruder Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited May 28
    I have the same exact issue, except I was never able to play not one video (if not directly in the oculus gallery which works just fine)
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 152 Oculus Staff
    Hi there - This is a known issue and the team is working hard to resolve as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting!
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 348 Oculus Staff
    Hey @iN5OMANiAC and @Xtruder, we've reached out to you regarding the playback issue (via email). Please reply when you're able to.Thanks! -Rick 
  • FabitoFabitoFabitoFabito Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem! Has it been solved?
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 348 Oculus Staff
    Hey @FabitoFabito, this issue is still being investigated. If you're having the same issue, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com and provide us a sample video file that you're having issues playing. Thanks! -Rick
  • dukeRaccoondukeRaccoon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any updates on this?
  • peter.thor.378peter.thor.378 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having this issue here as well. Any updates?
  • BenjaminKeatingBenjaminKeating Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yep same here time stamp just shows 00:00:00
  • MrEberrichMrEberrich Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 2
    Don't copy your file from the file system, but install android ADB and then use the following code in the commandline:
    adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4 C:/location-you-want
    You might need to enable developer mode, not sure if it works without.

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73315/video-codec-change
  • willyciwillyci Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Don't copy your file from the file system, but install android ADB and then use the following code in the commandline:
    adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4 C:/location-you-want
    You might need to enable developer mode, not sure if it works without.

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73315/video-codec-change
    adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4 C:\location-you-want

just change c:/ to c:\, works great, thanks.
  • BenjaminKeatingBenjaminKeating Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    This works great if you want to download the entire folder dont add the video name
    adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/ C:\videos

• richard.h.ward.3richard.h.ward.3 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    SideQuest also solves this problem. They have a "Folders" option on the left side control panel. 

Makes sense, as basically its a GUI for ADB. (plus, lots of other stuff. <<flame proof pants: ON>>
  • JeffreyJacobsonJeffreyJacobson Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    This works great if you want to download the entire folder dont add the video name
    adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/ C:\videos

That works great!  Thank you Ben!
  • Mr.PeeNuttMr.PeeNutt Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    SideQuest also solves this problem. They have a "Folders" option on the left side control panel. 

Makes sense, as basically its a GUI for ADB. (plus, lots of other stuff. <<flame proof pants: ON>>
    thank you so much.. this is the easiest method!!
  • ViewnaijaViewnaija Posts: 2 Oculus Start Member
    To solve this problem. Record another quick one second video. Then drag and drop the new video and the video you want to your new location at the same time. This some how addresses the issue. You can also watch video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM-Ek4y6BDE

Enjoy!!
  • Nix0327Nix0327 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    When will this be fixed?