cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What earbuds are you using with the Rift-S?

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
I have a pair of Sennheiser open-back headphones, but they are a tad bulky using with the Rift-S, may have to get some earbuds (IEM). 

I have NO experience with this 'style' of sound but I've heard good things? Any recommendations? I've been looking at the 1More Triple Drivers, the Klipsch R6-II, and the Tin T3's so far... 
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using these wireless earbuds:
They stay in my ears securely and sound quality is nice for $20 (plus $10 if you need a Bluetooth dongle).

syedtutul
Honored Guest
I used Plantronics backbit fit and 7 days before i purchase another a pair of the earbud, Anker liberty air, awesome quality. read the review here 
https://bestwirelessbluetoothheadphones.com/audio/anker-soundcore-liberty-air-true-earbud-update-rev...

syedtutul
Honored Guest

I'm using these wireless earbuds:
They stay in my ears securely and sound quality is nice for $20 (plus $10 if you need a Bluetooth dongle).

As a low budget SoundBuds Slim perfect selection. 

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
I'm worried that using IEM will really limit the soundstage and directional audio while being used with the Rift-S... is this true?? 

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think IEMs have the best sound but maybe that is just me.

heatondev
Honored Guest

JeremyC85 said:

anyone?

It really depends on how the developer is setting up the spatial sound processing. If they are implementing HRTF simulation then IEM will have a better sound than over the ear or open since the HRTF accounts for pinna. If you use open style headphones you would be doubling up on the pinna effect. I am not sure how many developers are bothering to go that far but it will have a marked effect on audio for VR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am very pleased with my Klipsch R6 II earbuds.

syedtutul
Honored Guest

dburne said:

I am very pleased with my Klipsch R6 II earbuds.

not bad. overall good with nice price. my opinion, SoundBuds Slim and Klipsch R6 both the same sound quality.