cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Problems for Oculus Rift S

auxiliaryxx
Explorer
Use this discussion for all problems related to the Oculus Rift S! I have found most solutions for mine which I will be sharing on here as well.
Common Problems: Tracking, Guardian, Setup, Freezing, Snow Pixels, Jittering, Plug Problems, USB 3.0 errors, Game glitches, Camera problems, Headphone static, Some games don't run, Oculus home freezes, Steam vr wants to setup, Speakers make noise, Ipd glitching on horizonal side, fov is small, no sweetspot.

I will tell you how to improve FOV, TRACKING, SWEETSPOT AND PERFORMANCE as best as I can.

Let's get started!
147 REPLIES 147

auxiliaryxx
Explorer
I'm disappointed that the headset is so buggy... To fix your tracking;
1. Unplug Headset
2.Reset PC
3. Plug in USB 3.0
4. Open Oculus Software
5. Go to "Devices", and make sure the USB is detected
6. Plug in DisplayPort after 60 seconds
7. Put on Headset
8. If remotes are tracked then take off headset FAST. because the software glitches and freezes (cuz its shit)
9. Open steam vr
10. ENJOY! and avoid using Oculus's shitty buggy software, stick with steam vr

TIP: Play Job Simulator to fully test your headset. It is an insanely reliable game! Play games only on steam vr and don't buy them on the Oculus store. (Racing games don't work AT ALL for me, Superhot vr only worked last night, it's broken now.)

IMPORTANT: If STEAMVR asks to setup room scale then you are having the same tracking error as me. Ignore it and follow the steps

Wish you all luck! 
Tyler

Feel free to ask me anything or share anything! I'm looking for some rift s buddy's lol. 6139039339

auxiliaryxx
Explorer
Oculus Support needs to see all your errors so comment away! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tyler,

I have a bad case of static noise with the build-in speakers and headphones. It sounds louder and more scratchy than the normal static / white noise that you hear with  audio devices when you crank up the volume. But in my case the volume has no effect of the noise. And when I put the volume to 70% or more i hear a louder crack/popping with the build-in speakers when sound is playing.

When I connect my headphones (3.5mm or USB) directly with my PC I do not hear any distortion. I did not have this problem with my CV1 or any other audio devices.

The drivers are up to date. I unplugged on eveything (including the microphone) to make sure that nothing that can cause this problem is plugged in anymore.

I think the Rift S is faulty but maybe you have an idea.

Regards

Heiko

Soulless512
Expert Protege
Auxiliaryxx if you love steam vr so much then get the valve index

Cool_MC_Cool
Protege
Black screen at start and tracking lost cause of sensors only showing white/black snow (passthrought) on my side.
I tried all workarounds without a result. Drivers are more as up to date.
On another thread there is a member with same problems on the same mainboard X370 Gaming Pro Carbon and a 1080Ti.  He changed his card to a 1060 and it works!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fix: USB3.0 and not ASMedia 3.1

ShocksVR
Superstar
Verify you're using the latest version of Windows 10.  Do a Windows update.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's best to postpone Win Updates to 1903 or insider 1909 as they still have no fix for the sound issues. Some got lucky but it is a lottery.
In Win10 Pro you can select Advanced Options>Semi-Annual Channel drop down plus 365days. This can be changed back once any fix is Official.
In Win10 Home you can set 2nd Option for Metered Connections which also loses track of the live tiles in Start Menu. It can be set back anytime.
Come to think about it, a fresh OS of any may still require us to do USB Updates in Devices as these aren't picked up as their manufacture due to a Microsoft Default being used firstly. However, that could be the issue if then using the ASMedia Drivers.

ShocksVR
Superstar
Even Win10 1809 is fine.  I've been on 1809 and Rift S has worked from day 1 for me.

A lot of feedback on discord, many users having issues are on outdated Win10 (like going back to 17xx builds).  Once they updated to 1809 or 1903 the tracking/setup issues were fixed.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S