New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift S HDMI and USB 3.0 Problem

KingMac4924KingMac4924 Posts: 4
NerveGear
So I unboxed the Oculus Rift S, plugged in everything it came with, plugged in the sensors, and I am apparently missing something. I went to set up the touch controllers and shows I don't have an HDMI cable and 3.0 cable plugged in. I checked the box and can't seem to find these 2 other cables it is talking about. Does anyone know what my problem is?

Comments

• KingMac4924KingMac4924 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    It says I have 2 other 3.0 cables plugged in but not the HDMI and other 3.0 cable
  • MadFerrItMadFerrIt Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Rift S is display port only, you can't use HDMI not even with an adapter.
  • KingMac4924KingMac4924 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hello MadFerrIt, I am happy you saw this but I must inform you I already found out what was wrong and the system is working correctly now. Thank you for commenting though.
  • febronefebrone Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    KingMac, I have the same problem. Please share the solution
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    So I unboxed the Oculus Rift S, plugged in everything it came with, plugged in the sensors, and I am apparently missing something. I went to set up the touch controllers and shows I don't have an HDMI cable and 3.0 cable plugged in. I checked the box and can't seem to find these 2 other cables it is talking about. Does anyone know what my problem is?
    RiftS ???? What are you talking about. It does`nt come with sensors or an HDMI connection. Dont you mean CV1?
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 972
    3Jane
    Was it: Step 3 : Plug in headset cables?
    Glad it is now working :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • GhrystGhryst Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    MadFerrIt said:
    Rift S is display port only, you can't use HDMI not even with an adapter.
    it also doesnt have sensors to plug in