Project cars 2 Oculus mode not working Rift S !!!!! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Project cars 2 Oculus mode not working Rift S !!!!!

stevensred5stevensred5 Posts: 8
NerveGear
Game says the current headset is not supported so forced to use Steam-VR mode.  On my CV1 the performance was never as good as oculus mode & always had alot more 'headroom'.  Is this a game issue or Oculus issue, I cant find any info on the net about this.

Comments

• RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    Mine says the same when I launch PC2. Ignore what it says and continue, PC2 is awesome in the Rift s.
  • stevensred5stevensred5 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    If you ignore the warning, pretty sure it then defaults to Steam VR mode instead, does anyone know how to tell which mode you end up in (apart from crappy performance??)
  • hairydaveyhairydavey Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    As rosgillies stated, just ignore the warning. I have the Steam version of PCars 2 and I just select Oculus Vr instead of Steam VR and it just works. And........it is glorious! It's so nice to actually be able to read the dash dials and readouts, as well as the writing on the buttons around the cabin.
  • bporionbporion Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    dont you guys find that Pcars 2 as allote of jaggies ? 
  • stevensred5stevensred5 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    The game is awsome, I was just suspicious it was defaulting to Steam-VR mode because I lost headroom in OTT, but it could be down to the bump up in rez from CV1..
    Bporion, you really need medium or high for the MSAA setting, unfortunately its the biggest hit on FPS but this makes everything look awsome especially now in the rift s. 
  • AlanBernardoAlanBernardo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Oculus Rift S certainly works with PC2.  Ignore the warning.  Steam VR never starts.  The only problem I'm having is that the headset continually gets off-centered.  I have a key set for centering but using that every time is a nuisance.  

Maybe I need to tweak a setting?
  • AlexAtkinUKAlexAtkinUK Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    How do you make the game work so I can actually sit down to play?

When I start the game sat down I'm UNDER the car!  I have to stand up to be in the right position and its quite nausea inducing to feel like I'm stood up in a car.  Heck it feels like I'm WEARING the car.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,434
    Project 2501
    How do you make the game work so I can actually sit down to play?

When I start the game sat down I'm UNDER the car!  I have to stand up to be in the right position and its quite nausea inducing to feel like I'm stood up in a car.  Heck it feels like I'm WEARING the car.
    You can bind a button to recenter your view. I bind it to my wheel because it's something you have to do often when you switch cars and when you start the game. 
  • HillmeisterHillmeister Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited June 11
    Apart from a little tracking sticking it works fine, but is everyone else experiencing some tracking issues?

Tracking outside PC2 is working normal BTW
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,434
    Project 2501
    Apart from a little tracking sticking it works fine, but is everyone else experiencing some tracking issues?

Tracking outside PC2 is working normal BTW
    I've never had tracking problems in PC2 but I usually recenter when I switch to a new car or start a race. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,383 Valuable Player
    edited June 15
    I'm thinking of buying a new racing game for CV1. But it's not easy finding the best one - I'm considering Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, iRacing or V-Racer Hoverbike. 

Seems like V-Racer has gotten great reviews.

I already own Project Cars and DiRT, but I don't play them much. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - I'd love awesome graphics and 90 fps  :)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,192
    Wintermute
    edited June 15
    I just select Oculus to see if that works 1st. It did and was bloody awesome. No flashes/blackscreens either and set to Max graphics!

I seen that HoverBike last night and was intrigued apart from I'd feel worn out I suppose and can't be good for your back without real handles to hold. The arcade parts are interesting but I don't go for that myself.