Oculus quest crashes when attempt to add friends: "oculus home has stopped" — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus quest crashes when attempt to add friends: "oculus home has stopped"

Tippus3Tippus3 Posts: 2
NerveGear
From home, if I go to people->friends, it flashes the list of friends for 0.1 seconds, then "oculus home has stopped."  When a friend invited me to join his party, I could accept the invite.  But I can't invite a friend, and can view the members of a party.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 274 Oculus Staff
    Hey @Tippus3, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues adding friends. If you haven't already, please try restarting both your phone and headset and verify your headset is showing as connected in the app then try inviting a friend. If possible, please try connecting to a different WiFi network. If the issue persists, you may need to perform a factory reset on the headset. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com if you need more assistance. Thanks! -Rick
  • BillyDee4BillyDee4 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Hi Tippus3. Did restarting your phone and headset correct the problem? Let me know if you want to test inviting friends to party with you.
  • bigstatikbigstatik Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue. 
  • GSXRtoneGSXRtone Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, very annoying
  • Studio135Studio135 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited June 4
    I have the same issue. I cannot see friends on score boards in some games. Like Beat Saber for instance. 
  • rakebouchovrakebouchov Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue, opening friends list gets a "oculus has stopped error"
  • Avissar_Avissar_ Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here even after factory reset the error keeps happening 
  • Tippus3Tippus3 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I did a factory reset and also switched to 5G wifi.  Seems to be working now.  We'll see.
  • bigstatikbigstatik Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Tippus3 said:
    I did a factory reset and also switched to 5G wifi.  Seems to be working now.  We'll see.
    Will I lose my saved games if I do a factory reset?