When I connect Quest to PC it just shows up as a portable device "quest" in device manager and Windows Explorer. The folder is empty on windows. Currently what I have to do is go to the Phone APP and toggle developer mode OFF then ON again for the message to appear in the headset about accepting the connection. I have updated the drivers (see support message below) but each time I need to connect it requires this dance with the phone app. This is pretty unfeasible seeing as it's not my phone and I don't always have access to it. Any suggestions please?
If your Oculus Quest headset is not appearing as a drive on your Windows PC:
- Make sure that you use the included USB cable from your Oculus Quest package.
- Make sure that you select Accept in VR from your headset to allow your computer to access files on your headset.
- Update your device driver:
- From your PC desktop, right-click on This PC or My Computer.
- Select Computer.
- Select Manage.
- Select Device Manager.
Click the > next to Oculus Devices or Portable Devices to expand your options.Right-click on Quest and select Update Driver.Select the Browse my computer option, then the Let me pick from a list option.Select MTP USB Device and then select Next to complete the update.
- If you can't see the Manage option, just select Device Manager directly.
System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.