cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moss "Twilight Garden" boss battle

c0l0nelpanic
Explorer
Have any Quest owners been able to beat the boss in the new Twilight Garden section of Moss (new levels currently exclusive to the Quest and being released as free DLC for other headsets next month)? I’ve gotten to what I assume is the final phase of the battle on the main platform. I’ve learned it’s attack pattern. But no matter where I hit it, there’s no sign of any damage. I’ve tried going for the head, the belly, the claw cannon, and both the broken and unbroken areas on the shell. I’ve tried both shooting and stabbing. Nothing seems to have any effect. What am I missing? Maybe I’m aiming at its weak spot but have bad aim?
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Kraffles
Explorer
Yeah, when it rears up I was expecting to damage the belly but....nope.

View solution in original post

c0l0nelpanic
Explorer
The exposed power cell in its shell looks like a weak spot, but Quill can’t reach it. I thought of getting the boss to move underneath the fireballs that it shoots in the air might cause it to damage itself, but shooting or stabbing it doesn’t make it budge, and it ignores what Quill is doing while it’s firing so I don’t see a way for her to lure it under a fireball..

Kraffles
Explorer
Ahh, I just kept dodging the fireballs and shooting inbetween from the left platform. After around 12 or so (I wasn't counting) hits, it suddenly lost it's armour and was beaten. No signs it was weakening before that.
Went on to finish the game after that.

10 REPLIES 10

Kraffles
Explorer
I found the same thing. No apparent damage whatever you do.

c0l0nelpanic
Explorer
I also tried shooting it from the other platforms (no difference) and attempting to grab its cannon or body (doesn’t work)

Maybe you’re supposed to do something other than shooting or stabbing? A lot of the stages with enemies in this game can be cleared by doing something clever instead of fighting, but this one really feels like a classic hit the weak spot three times situation. 

Kraffles
Explorer
Yeah, when it rears up I was expecting to damage the belly but....nope.

c0l0nelpanic
Explorer
The exposed power cell in its shell looks like a weak spot, but Quill can’t reach it. I thought of getting the boss to move underneath the fireballs that it shoots in the air might cause it to damage itself, but shooting or stabbing it doesn’t make it budge, and it ignores what Quill is doing while it’s firing so I don’t see a way for her to lure it under a fireball..

Kraffles
Explorer
Ahh, I just kept dodging the fireballs and shooting inbetween from the left platform. After around 12 or so (I wasn't counting) hits, it suddenly lost it's armour and was beaten. No signs it was weakening before that.
Went on to finish the game after that.

Malficetophe
Honored Guest
Started my comment about having the same issue before realizing this was from May of last year. Still..since its obviously still an issue...im guessing the only fix is to keep trying. Good to know its not impossible though. I was starting to think it was glitched.

Spottedcow
Honored Guest
This boss is something that AVGN should talk about it. It's the biggest shitload of fuck I've seen in a platformer game in decades. I've hit this thing from every available angle dozens of (maybe over a hundred) times, both with melee and fireball attacks. It just doesn't die. I assume there's some kind of glitch or bug with this boss. What were they thinking?!

For anyone that comes here via search engine. There is no trick or special strategy to it in its final stage other then avoiding the fire balls. Just keep wacking the thing.  Either keep shooting it from the side platforms or damage it up close (harder to do because it will knock you off the platform). The developers didn't animate damage... or if they did it has some kind of glitch because it shows zero damage the entire time until the very end.

Maybe they fixed the whole immortality thing? I just wacked the thing with like 20 fireballs or so from the side and it eventually died.  Did not show any damage until the very last wack. I almost gave up on playing the rest of the game because of that thing... but a friend told me you can beat it if you just keep hitting it.