New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Turn Off Button?

KingMac4924KingMac4924 Posts: 4
NerveGear
So I got my Oculus RIft S up and working now, but I want to know if there is a way to turn off the Oculus Rift S when I'm not using it. 

Comments

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,877 Valuable Player
    If it's like the original rift, you just take it off.  Mine is plugged in all the time, it doesn't turn on until the sensor is tripped inside the headset.

• captain1941captain1941 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I've got the same problem. Mine doesn't turn off unless I unplug from USB port. White LED stays lit constantly, even after closing out of oculus software.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,763 Valuable Player
    I think everyone's white light in headset stays lit that way, but when put aside it enters standby.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,654 Valuable Player
    I unplug my usb cable and its off.
    WAAAGH!
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,194 Volunteer Moderator

I always just left CV1 plugged in without any issues but I seem to remember it being slightly warm. Can't feel any warmth coming from the S while in standby though so it'll stay plugged in like before.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.449)
  • antitrust42antitrust42 Posts: 115
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 28
    they was too stupid too add a button to off theur headset

they removing the headphone 
    they made a bad halo
    they made a headset wuthout good tracking 
    they have made a bad software ..........

at the end they have made a downgrade headset in all side ! 
    byebye oculus , you will loose fan in few time !