cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift-S Controllers Lag in Grip Release

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

When I close my grip on my Rift-S touch controller (last 3 fingers) and hold it for a second or two, then release, there is quite a bit of lag before they open again.  The right controller seems worse than the left.  My old Rift cv1 did not have any lag.  The problem is when you are in a game and try to grip something, then throw it, the lag causes it to either stick to your hand or weakly go offline.  Hopefully this is just another tracking issue that will soon be fixed with an update.  Tracking lag and screen flashing are my only complaints with my Rift-S so far.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
225 REPLIES 225

saami81
Rising Star
I noticed something similar when playing Robo Recall. Trying to reload your weapons by throwing them away and picking from holsters again in fast pace seemed very clunky compared to cv1. I hope this will get fixed asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. Right Touch seems worse than Left, but they both are not great. Sometimes in Robo Recall it is hard to throw objects (like bullets especially). Throwing things in SUPERHOT is next to impossible. At first I thought it could be a software issue, but then the Right side is worse so maybe a hardware problem.

antitrust42
Expert Protege
same here

jayhawk
Superstar
same. def a difference between the S and OG Rift. I noticed it the most when opening the box rewards in home. boxes wouldn't let go when tossed. First noticed it in Oculus First Steps trying to toss the cubes. Fitting title I guess.

Sang0r
Explorer
Take the battery cover off the controller and try again, it's the only thing that fixes the grip delay for me.

jokerjosh314
Honored Guest
Im having this issue as well, has Oculus made a statement about this common issue. It makes the throwing function useless which breaks immersion significantly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well is common place to either REBOOT or Power-Cycle after any Firmeware to bed in and remove any traces in cache memory of older data. By swapping re-charable batteries this is done soon enough but they fail to tell us as a New User how to do the most basic things e.g. Install with Antivirus=OFF. Same is true for Power Off PC and disconnect RIFT to drain any traces.

xwarxlordx
Explorer
I'm having the same issue with my Rift S . Robo Recall is Very difficulty to play when you cant release rockets, robots....  hopefully a fix is coming. 

AJB52203
Honored Guest
I have it worse on one controller and fine on the other but then it switches sometimes, makes super hot very hard to play