Second Rift s ive had mic not working — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Second Rift s ive had mic not working

Suburbantrash666Suburbantrash666 Posts: 15
NerveGear
i have purchased a rift s and i thought everything was fine, untill i wanted to talk in game, then i noticed my mic wasnt working, i have tried using the mic on my headset plugged in to the 3.5mm and also the mic on the rift with the headphones unplugged. when i goto see the levels in the sound settings in control pannel, there is no signal from the mic, but the input device is set to the rift. i have gone into the oculus app and set the input to the rift mic, but still nothing. someone had said something about making sure it was enabled in the privicy settings, but i see no option for it there. any help is much appretiated, concidering i put in a support request with oculus 4 days ago and still havent heard anything.
Tagged:

Comments

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,177
    Wintermute
    I have read about this before.
     Pretty sure its a software or settings issue.

Dumb question. Have you checked your email spam folder?
     Sometimes oculus support mails tend to end up there.
    Be good, die great !
  • Suburbantrash666Suburbantrash666 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Yeah nothing in my spam box except for a Nigerian prince trying to help me launder money

NerveGear
    Anyone have this problem?? Im literally stumped 
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,210
    Wintermute
    Windows Start>Settings>Privacy and allow all APPs access to Microphone?
    Disable any unused Mics and set RIFT S as Default but can still use another mic for say Default Comms for Skype etc.
    Do not put another Headset into the 3.5mm socket unless you cleared that with Oculus. They do not hint that it is the combined Headphones/Mic Socket!
    NerveGear
    I allow all apps to access microphone, and i have the defualt audio input set to the rift, but still nothing 
    NerveGear
    Even with headphones unplugged
    NerveGear
    please anybody, i can notthink of any other reason that the mic should not be working
    NerveGear
    I used a different computer in my house to check and see if it was a hardware or software issue and the microphone worked on that computer but I'm not trying to use it on that computer so I know it's not a hardware issue so I'm really stumped
    NerveGear
    I updated my USB 3.0 driver in the microphone started working again
  • MisterRogersMisterRogers Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Is your microphone still working? I notice mine can work anywhere from 15-90 minutes. It inevitably fails each time and I have the same issue as you. My USB ports are updated.