Hey everyone -
In reviewing customer support contact data, we found that there are a large number of duplicate support tickets being submitted. These duplicate tickets and chats ultimately slow down the team's ability to respond. We understand that the wait times right now are frustrating, and we are truly sorry about that. That said, submitting a duplicate ticket or starting a chat to check on the status of your original ticket will only result in further wait times to both you and others. It will not speed up our response times.
As a result, we kindly request that you only submit a single support ticket for any issues you are experiencing and keep any response to that thread.
If you are on Rift or Rift S and are experiencing an issue, it will help our team to have logs from your PC so we can see what's going on behind the scenes, should we need to dig into the issue more deeply. In order to collect these logs, please do the following:
- Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
- Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
- The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus software to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
- Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
- Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
- Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
- The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
- Attach the newly created zip file to your ticket submission.
Thanks for all of your patience and understanding while the team works through this busy time.