cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please do not submit duplicate support tickets

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - 

In reviewing customer support contact data, we found that there are a large number of duplicate support tickets being submitted. These duplicate tickets and chats ultimately slow down the team's ability to respond. We understand that the wait times right now are frustrating, and we are truly sorry about that. That said, submitting a duplicate ticket or starting a chat to check on the status of your original ticket will only result in further wait times to both you and others. It will not speed up our response times.

As a result, we kindly request that you only submit a single support ticket for any issues you are experiencing and keep any response to that thread.

If you are on Rift or Rift S and are experiencing an issue, it will help our team to have logs from your PC so we can see what's going on behind the scenes, should we need to dig into the issue more deeply. In order to collect these logs, please do the following:
  1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus software to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your ticket submission.
Thanks for all of your patience and understanding while the team works through this busy time.
34 REPLIES 34

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think that you could at least give us an overall update as to where you are with firmware fixes and potential hardware problems.  Surely you must have a good idea by now.  thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Also sending bot responses to people waiting 7 days for a solution is a bad idea.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

I think that you could at least give us an overall update as to where you are with firmware fixes and potential hardware problems.  Surely you must have a good idea by now.  thanks.

What tom said. We have been waiting a week and the first wave of ticket responses have been a joke. They typically copyed and pasted the troubleshooting page we were on day from day one. Also I cannot find one post here or on reddit of a faulty Rift S being fixed via a ticket. So naturally we are very concerned with our new £400 headsets that have not worked in 7 days now.

Blacktides
Explorer

Sinsinful said:

TomCgcmfc said:

What tom said. We have been waiting a week and the first wave of ticket responses have been a joke. They typically copyed and pasted the troubleshooting page we were on day from day one. Also I cannot find one post here or on reddit of a faulty Rift S being fixed via a ticket. So naturally we are very concerned with our new £400 headsets that have not worked in 7 days now.

have to admit and i dont like jumping on the bandwaggon but was really gutted when i got my first VR headset home and it diden't work 😞

Knutsi
Protege
Completely agree with @TomCgcmfc up there @ShowbizDonkey. I think a good amount og people went out to buy PCI cards and hubs unnecessarily because of rumours without insight into what in the logs would indicate these solutions would work. Throw us a bone.

It would also be good to have at least some indication of where in the queue you are. Isn't this the main reason people contact you chat to check on their ticket? E.g. 7 days since my submission I have no idea how much longer I have to wait. In another 7 days and the 14-day open return period for EU products ends. If I don't know anything about the progress, these kinds of things get tempting.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege

knutsi said:

Completely agree with @TomCgcmfc up there @ShowbizDonkey. I think a good amount og people went out to buy PCI cards and hubs unnecessarily because of rumours without insight into what in the logs would indicate these solutions would work. Throw us a bone.

It would also be good to have at least some indication of where in the queue you are. Isn't this the main reason people contact you chat to check on their ticket? E.g. 7 days since my submission I have no idea how much longer I have to wait. In another 7 days and the 14-day open return period for EU products ends. If I don't know anything about the progress, these kinds of things get tempting.

Is it confirmed the PCI-e USB card does not work then? I thought there was a few reports of it solving some of the issues?

Knutsi
Protege

Sinsinful said:

knutsi said:

Is it confirmed the PCI-e USB card does not work then? I thought there was a few reports of it solving some of the issues?

I think these cards work for specific issues, and I would have liked to know what the logs said for those people. In my case since the headset fails to work on two separate PCs (both with quite new motherboards), I have not tried adding a PCI card. (my favorite quote from this forum is that "there is no way it can be that finicky", and the odds of the headset rejecting two good PCs is very small).

Suspector
Explorer
Its easy to say that we should not contact you but If I have an order that was supposed to be shipped on the 22th that still haven't been shipped and my week old ticket doesn't help either then you obviously don't understand how it is to be a customer to your support...

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@Suspector have you tried live chat with them fella ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?