cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen or only 30 seconds (MSI)

Bryros
Explorer
Goodnight.

I've been trying to solve the problem all day but I have not found a solution. My problem in the beginning was that I receive sound from the glasses but I do not receive an image. So I decided to follow the guides I found, each and every one of them:

1) Reinstall following the guide. It did not work
2) Update everything. It did not work
3) Disable the integrated graphic. It did not work
4) Repair the software.
5) Uninstall and reinstall with everything clean
6) Buy a powered Hub.
7) Repair the oculus from the beta
😎 Download the windows files.
9) Look at my laptop (MSI GE 73 VR 7RF)

I am really disappointed and tired with both the purchase and the lack of control. The last thing I have managed to do is that the glasses, when starting an application, sometimes ((and only sometimes)), reproduce image for 30 sec before returning the screen to black without having touched any cable and without having moved.

Anyone know what can it be?

I will send a ticket, but as the problem persists I will seriously consider returning them since the experience so far has been bad.

Good evening and excuse my poor English.

--------------------------------------

Buenas noches.

Llevo todo el dia tratando de solucionar el problema pero no he encontrado solucion. Mi problema en principio era que recibo sonido de las gafas pero NO recibo imagen. Asi que decidi seguir las guias que he encontrado, todas y cada una de ellas:

1) Reinstale siguiendo la guia. No funciono.
2) Actualize todo. No funciono
3) Desactive la grafica integrada. No funciono
4) Repare el software.
5) Desinstale y volvi a instalar con todo limpio
6) Compre un Hub alimentado.
7) Repare el oculus desde la beta
😎 Descarge los archivos de windows.
9) Mire mi portatil (MSI GE 73 VR 7RF)

Estoy realmente desilusionado y cansado tanto con la compra como con el descontrol. Lo ultimo que he conseguido hacer es que las gafas, al iniciar una aplicacion, a veces (( y solo a veces)), reproduzca imagen duraten 30 sec antes de volver la pantalla a negro sin haber tocado ningun cable y  sin haberme movido.

¿Alguien sabe que puede ser? 

Enviare un ticket, pero como el problema persista me pensare seriamente devolverlas ya que la experiencia hasta ahora ha sido pesima.

Buenas noches y disculpen mi pobre ingles.
8 REPLIES 8

hscheck
Explorer
Had a similar issue on an MSI GP73 laptop w/ gtx 1070.  Rift S video
would go black after 20 to 25 seconds into the setup.  Installed an
older NVIDIA driver (ver 417.71) and its been fine since.

Bryros
Explorer
Try that the first time but it did not work, maybe the problem was different and now with that it works.

However, it is curious that does not get or configure the guardian system and that the image will only last a while.

I prove that what you say and comment.

Thank you very much ^^

--------------------------

Probé eso la primera vez pero no funciono, quizas el problema era otro y ahora con eso funcione.

No obstante, es curioso que no consiga ni configurar el sistema guardian y que la imagen apenas dure un tiempo.

Pruebo eso que dices y comento.

Muchas gracias ^^

Bryros
Explorer

OMG I dont believe it. In the first instance I still did not work at all and I had been disappointed.

However, restart the configuration and disable the intel graphics in managing devices.

Then, I get the configuration and enter a game and .... tachan!

Let's see if they solve the problem of the drivers but at least I can try them. MILLIONS OF THANKS OF TRUTH ... YOU ARE A BIG MAN
--------------

OMG. No me lo creo. En primera instancia seguia sin fucionar en absoluto y me habia llevado una desilusion.

No obstante reinicie la configuracion y deshabilite los graficos intel en administrar dispositivos.

Luego, me sale la configuracion y entre en un juego y....tachan!!!

A ver si solucionan el problema de los drivers pero al menos podre probarlas. MILLONES DE GRACIAS DE VERDAD....ERES UN HOMBRE GRANDE.

Edit: All ok, but some games (Steam and Oculus) dont work and din´t detected the oculus. The problem is more big.

MikePixelPusher
Protege
hscheck said:

Had a similar issue on an MSI GP73 laptop w/ gtx 1070.  Rift S video
would go black after 20 to 25 seconds into the setup.  Installed an
older NVIDIA driver (ver 417.71) and its been fine since.

Have you used tried the new update 1.38? Just curious.. 
System: MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE Laptop
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060

hscheck
Explorer
No, I haven't tried the 1.38 beta firmware.  The Rift S is working good with the old graphics driver.  Ver 417.71 is the most current downloadable NVIDIA driver on MSI's site for the GP73.  So, I will stick with it and the non-beta Rift S firmware until the Rift S stops working or I am forced into an update.  I am reluctant to try anything that could potentially make the situation irreversibly worse.  A majority of the responses to Oculus' 1.38 PTC release announcement from people who have tried it aren't very encouraging.

MikePixelPusher
Protege

hscheck said:

No, I haven't tried the 1.38 beta firmware.  The Rift S is working good with the old graphics driver.  Ver 417.71 is the most current downloadable NVIDIA driver on MSI's site for the GP73.  So, I will stick with it and the non-beta Rift S firmware until the Rift S stops working or I am forced into an update.  I am reluctant to try anything that could potentially make the situation irreversibly worse.  A majority of the responses to Oculus' 1.38 PTC release announcement from people who have tried it aren't very encouraging.

Are things still working for you? Have you made any changes? Thanks. 

hscheck
Explorer
Everything is still good on my end.  Other than the forced Oculus 1.38 update 3 days ago, I haven't made any changes.  I haven't bothered to update the NVIDIA driver (if its working, don't fix it).

MikePixelPusher
Protege
I got it to work! I played for 3+ hours today.
I installed the newest video card drivers provided by MSI (Driver version 417.77).  Downloaded directly from the MSI website for my laptop. I did a clean install.

Hopefully it stays working. Did this work for anyone else?