Forum links require moderation? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Forum links require moderation?

Lethal_AimsLethal_Aims Posts: 60
Hiro Protagonist
I took me while to realise why some of my posts weren't appearing; if I post message which has a link to another thread in the forum it gets held for moderation.

I can understand wanting to moderate external links, but it seems a bit burdensome to require moderation for internal forum links.

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,481 Volunteer Moderator
    A any link posts from new members will trigger the automated system. Once a mod reviews it and verifies that you’re not a spambot, you’ll be free to post links as you wish. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • Lethal_AimsLethal_Aims Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 29
    Just seems a bit burdensome on mods to enforce that for internal (same domain) links to other posts/threads. Especially around the release of new products when there will be lots of new members,
  • Lethal_AimsLethal_Aims Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 29

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,243 Volunteer Moderator
    Just seems a bit burdensome on mods to enforce that for internal (same domain) links to other posts/threads. Especially around the release of new products when there will be lots of new members,
    Mods don't have any control over that. We don't have access to forum settings.
    We run through the spam queue when we can, the mods aren't oculus employees, we have jobs and are just here in our spare time. I'm actually at work right now preparing tutorials on C++ programming.