New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My Comparison Between the CV1 And Rift S

rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 431
Trinity

The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,073 Valuable Player
    Nice comparison, thanks for sharing this.

I also missed being able to peek down on my keyboard.  I just gently pulled off the rubber nose flap and now all is good!

I actually think that the Blacks look fine on my Rift S.  However, I still have Spud turned off like I did with my Rift CV1 so this might have helped.  I'm too afraid to turn it back on because everything, including Blacks looks so good.  Here's the link to the spud removal I used with my cv1;

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6tca7t/why_you_may_need_to_disable_spud_oled_mura/

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 431
    Trinity
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Nice comparison, thanks for sharing this.

I also missed being able to peek down on my keyboard.  I just gently pulled off the rubber nose flap and now all is good!

I actually think that the Blacks look fine on my Rift S.  However, I still have Spud turned off like I did with my Rift CV1 so this might have helped.  I'm too afraid to turn it back on because everything, including Blacks looks so good.  Here's the link to the spud removal I used with my cv1;

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6tca7t/why_you_may_need_to_disable_spud_oled_mura/
    Thank you!
    And also thanks for the link, will look into this.
    I might need to do some testing with normal dark games, Spa at night and overcast without headlights is pitch black..  B)
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
    Trinity
    Done some more testing, and Spa, overcast at night without headlights is as wors as it gets..  :D  
    The more light sorses in the game and depending on night scene, that will affect how noticeble the greys are. In Onward subway it was pretty noticible at times, but night climbing in The Climb looks stunning!

Not sure how apparent the greys will be in Elite, might not be too bad do to all the lights in the cockpit?.
    Have a friend that will get a Rift S soon, and he plays Elite a lot.

The Closet Sim Rig
    Trinity
    edited June 2019
    Bought behind the neck headphones for the Rift S.
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Trinity
    Got a new audio solution for my rift S. :)

The Closet Sim Rig
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,073 Valuable Player
    Thanks for the update.  I'm glad it sounds (pun intended) you are still very happy with your Rift S.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

Trinity
    Yes, still happy with my Rift S.  :)
    The Closet Sim Rig