Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.38 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.

If you're using
Oculus Rift S and experiencing black screen and/or cable enumeration issues,
please try opting into the latest PTC (
https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/)
build of the Oculus software. We've included updates that should help.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
315 REPLIES 315

ShocksVR
Superstar
Thank you! 

And just so ppl don't freak out like I did, you'll be prompted for 2 firmware updates.  It'll update your headset first, then prompt you to update the firmware of your controllers.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Chaoss
Expert Protege
Edited: This update seems to make the headphones on the OG Rift less reliable
"In the future we will be designing dreams, worlds & experiences rather than games."

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
nvm. Darn beta..look forward to release.

Knutsi
Protege
It did not resolve my issue despite the new drivers and firmware installing. The headset still does not pass sensors check in setup. It only worked 5 minutes the first time I plugged it into the PC, then never recovered. Tested on two PCs with fresh Windows installs. 8 days without resolution now.

abydosan
Protege
Update done. I went to Beat Saber the sound is better. Not a HQ Hi-Fi, just a mobile phone speaker fine. After one game I went to play Onward. During the start I got a blackscreen super fast. The loud sounds still make blackscreens.

ShocksVR
Superstar

abydosan said:

Update done. I went to Beat Saber the sound is better. Not a HQ Hi-Fi, just a mobile phone speaker fine. After one game I went to play Onward. During the start I got a blackscreen super fast.

Steam or Oculus home games?
I think to help with trouble shooting, we need to specify which store we're tryign to play from that's giving us issues.

For me, I still have some occasional isses with STEAMVR games crashing on my S.  I'm guessing this will be addressed with a STEAM update.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

abydosan
Protege
@ShocksOculus
Thank you but I think the problem is the loud sounds. For example if I use headphone in Contractors I don't have any problem. But if I use the in strap audio and I shoot my loud pistol baang black screen.
I met this problem many other games like Knockout Leage (if you hit somebody, the loud sound kill the headset) etc.

But answering your question: SteamVR version 😄

nickyb78
Protege
Still getting static flash. Update hasnt helped that problem. What is cable enumeration,? Is their a problem with the cables?

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Well, can tell ya there's still the white flash on this beta update, and the change to audio quality may as well be no change because same diff.