New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S and Rift 1.38 PTC Release Notes

15678911»

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,537 Valuable Player
    RattyUK said:
    @dburne - you're doing better than me with your controllers, Don - mine are running the rechargeables down after around 3 days, optimistically it may be the batteries as they are over 2 years old now...
    How is the replacement S working?
    Replacement is great - especially after I finally figured out I had to disable my secondary monitor to keep those black screens from occurring on me ! Long as I have it disabled whilst using Rift S I am fine. Strangest thing, CV1 always did fine with both monitors running, and still does. But not my Rift S. I sure wish it would though as I prefer having the second monitor running even while using VR.

I do get occasional quick white flash, not too often though.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,277 Valuable Player
    The bottom line is the rift s was not ready to be released. I believe almost every single user has some of these issues.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 1,180
    Wintermute
    Just a short note:  I downloaded the latest PTC release last night, (256587) and played ED for just under 2 hours (it was quite late!) and had no static flashes at all during that session.  I've never had any audio issues (using the built-in speakes) so am unable to comment if there were any improvements there.

Positive, tentatively :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.
    Rift S
    Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • glenmac2001glenmac2001 Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    1.38.0.256587  I am still getting white flashes
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 122
    Art3mis
    I'm on version 1.38.0.256587 and most problems have been resolved but I'm still getting white flashes.
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,277 Valuable Player
    Those white flashes may be good Christmas time. 
  • MnemonicMnemonic Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2019
    Hi guys, so what is the latest Firmware Version for Sirft S and Touch?
    I see in the patchnote that there was a Firmware update, but I don't think I was updating my headset, I'm enrolled in public beta though, so I might got that earlier.

My firmware for Rift S: 1.7.1
    and Touch is: 1.11.0
    Is it the latest one at the moment?

I had several issues with Rift S in the beginning, but updates fixed most of them, and since I switched to single monitor configuration I don't have black screens either.
    But I do have occasional static flashes! Sometimes it's once an hour, sometimes more frequent. Would love to get those fixed too.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,537 Valuable Player
    edited June 2019
    Mnemonic said:
    Hi guys, so what is the latest Firmware Version for Sirft S and Touch?
    I see in the patchnote that there was a Firmware update, but I don't think I was updating my headset, I'm enrolled in public beta though, so I might got that earlier.

My firmware for Rift S: 1.7.1
    and Touch is: 1.11.0
    Is it the latest one at the moment?

I had several issues with Rift S in the beginning, but updates fixed most of them, and since I switched to single monitor configuration I don't have black screens either.
    But I do have occasional static flashes! Sometimes it's once an hour, sometimes more frequent. Would love to get those fixed too.
    Well at least I know I am not the only one that has to switch to single monitor to prevent the black screens.
    Support seemed to think I might be, and they marked my ticket as solved.
    I have the occasional white flashes also.

Yes you are on the latest firmware.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    Always one to report positive as well as negative experiences.... I too can report that 1.38.0.256587 seems to have nailed all the problems I had been having :smile: 3hrs of playing a whole host of games and not one tracking fault or white static flash. I also think the Audio quality has come on massively since the 1.37 builds. Never will match headphone quality but for certain games it was just nice not to have something pressed on my ears and still be 'in the room' so to speak. 
    I still have ocasional white static flashes. I agree with you, the audio quality is nice and adds comfort.

• tsukikagetsukikage Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello everyone,

I have been reading these pages for a while now, so I thought I would share my issues too.

In my case 1.38 release broke sounds; sound cuts off randomly and never comes back until I restart Oculus Service... I never get any cuts like this with 1.37... Most of the time this happens right after a tracking fault / short freeze... As I didn't notice anyone here getting this issue, I thought I'd share it.

And, those annoying static flashes are of course there... Just did a short session yesterday to provide logs to Oculus Support, and I was really "lucky" :( to get like 3 flashes in a 20 minutes timespan, using Oculus Home and Oculus Medium. Is it just me or are these apps really "flash-friendly" ?

Anyway, let's hope for the best with future software releases...
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,617 Valuable Player
    tsukikage said:
    Hello everyone,

Hi @tsukikage welcome to the forum. Just thought I'd mention that 1.38 has gone public now so this PTC thread will die off. Conversation will continue in this thread......................

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77160/rift-1-38-release-rolling-out-now#latest

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• Real-HawkReal-Hawk Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 2019
    I'm still have problems with my Rift S. I have white static flashes. I followed all advise but it still happens.
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 352
    Trinity
    Real-Hawk said:
    I'm still have problems with my Rift S. I have white static flashes. I followed all advise but it still happens.
    There is no fix for that yet, just about everyone is getting the flashes to a greater or lesser degree.
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,617 Valuable Player
    Real-Hawk said:

This is the thread for 1.38 PTC release. You should probably comment in the thread for 1.39 PTC or public release 1.38.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.