New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I have two Quest devices. Can they log into the same account and share apps?

NateCook73NateCook73 Posts: 1
NerveGear
I have two Quest devices. Can they log into the same account and share apps?

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,991 Volunteer Moderator
    I haven't tried with the Quest (only got 1), but you can have more than one Go on the same account at once.
  • EispfogelEispfogel Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    That works fine! You just cannot play most games at the same time together.
    But yes, you can have the same account on both headsets and download your games to both Headsets!
  • KenSniperKenSniper Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    What about a Quest and a Rift linked to the same account and played at the same time? 
  • cprl_vr1cprl_vr1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I also bought two Quests and want to use one app account. However, when I try to set the second one up, the headset says to download the app. Eispfogel, can you tell me how to get to the "enter the pass code" page on the app for the second Quest?
  • MysticKiwiMysticKiwi Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any updates on this thread? I just bought two Quests for Christmas and wondering the best way to have both headsets playing multi-player games together. 
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 869
    3Jane
    if this does work i wouldnt trust it for long as its not a supported feature and it could stop working with an update to the os. Best bet if you're depending on this as a gift is to treat each headset as a separate account and buy what you want to play on each one.
  • slow1derslow1der Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have a 128GB quest and was planning on buying a 64GB for my second kid so we can play mutliplayer... will we be able to share and play the same apps? I don't want to have to pay for them twice. that would suck.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,203 Volunteer Moderator
    slow1der said:
    I have a 128GB quest and was planning on buying a 64GB for my second kid so we can play mutliplayer... will we be able to share and play the same apps? I don't want to have to pay for them twice. that would suck.
    If you want two Quests to play multiplayer with each other, they will typically need separate accounts with the game bought on each. There may be a few games that will allow multiple instances of the same Oculus account, but most games use the Oculus account as the in-game identity. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0