New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Won't Load Home, Library, Store, or TV.

BrightMosaicBrightMosaic Posts: 2
NerveGear
Quest was working like a dream until yesterday when all functions stopped working except for the browser. I verified the device is still connected to WIFI, guardian is good to go, and no other settings changed to warrant this forever loading symbol when I try to use the above mentioned functions

Comments

• Painful_SecretsPainful_Secrets Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I too am having this problem as of today. Yesterday it was running like a dream! So bummed to not be able to play
  • BrightMosaicBrightMosaic Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited June 3
    I did a factory reset and it works fine now. Hold power button and volume down button simultaneously to see option for factory reset
  • seckmanmpseckmanmp Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I did a factory reset and it works fine now. Hold power button and volume down button simultaneously to see option for factory reset
    didnt work for me, and after factory re-setting through the app it didnt work

• HardBizzleHardBizzle Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited August 15
    Same here, did a factory reset to try and get things working again but no dice. none of them will load except the browser. Definitely logged into my account and linked to my phone. I can stream the menus to my phone so everything should be fine. Any ideas?
  • bigiboomzbigiboomz Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem here 
  • evildrkenevildrken Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited August 15
    This seem Like somne sort of Outage.....none of our 3 headsets work right now....did a reset on mine and did no good ....Looked on  https://downdetector.com/status/oculus and there are a ton or repost in the last hour.... 
  • jonathan.drwaljonathan.drwal Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, restart 20 times, did factory reset, and still isn't working, anyone found a solution yet?
  • dhubrichdhubrich Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Also just started having same issue today. Did factory reset on device and through phone. Neither worked. Entered support ticket but then realized it was less than 30 days since purchase on amazon so getting a replacement. I’m surprised the factory reset didn’t work. It’s connected to WiFi fine and the browser works but not library or home. 
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 152 Oculus Staff
    Thanks for reporting. We’re looking into it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • BonesdudeBonesdude Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Everything was working well just last night. Recharged and turned it on today and it won't load the Home/Library/Store/Storage Manager. I can load the TV however and download channels within there. I did the factory reset and still no Home/Library/Store/Storage Manager.
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same here, I am really annoyed that I did a factory reset and now will have to reload everything once they get this fixed. You would think they would post something if it is an outage. 
  • justiceseeker7justiceseeker7 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Oh for the love of god I thought it was just me and I was freaking out that I broke my Quest
  • C0unt_Zer0C0unt_Zer0 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem. I guess I wont be buying Red Matter tonight.
  • jase35750jase35750 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Exact same problem here too.
  • ChUrChGoInGaMeRChUrChGoInGaMeR Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same here. Rushed home from work to play some robo recall on my Quest, and stuck. No home, store, or library loading. I did a factory reset and still no go. I was about to return it to Best Buy for an exchange, until I started reading through the comments here. :#
  • WarOnCrimeWarOnCrime Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here
  • tracckertraccker Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same here, here is a workaround that i found on the net  ¨Go to the library in the oculus app to start software. This will only work for now!¨
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 348 Oculus Staff
    Thanks for reporting the issue with the Home, Store, and Library not loading, we're looking into this now and working on getting a fix as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience. -Rick
  • SergioikerSergioiker Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Happen to me right after playing Red matter for a bit... 
    NerveGear
    traccker said:
    Same here, here is a workaround that i found on the net  ¨Go to the library in the oculus app to start software. This will only work for now!¨
    Does this workaround work for the quest? 
  • dhubrichdhubrich Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Wow! Guess it’s a thing. Just canceled my Amazon replacement. 
  • RPG3RPG3 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thank God I'm not the only one. I'm almost positive this is some sort of outage nothing to worry about.
  • EdogfishEdogfish Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    RPG3 said:
    Thank God I'm not the only one. I'm almost positive this is some sort of outage nothing to worry about.
    Here's hoping
  • oarneboarneb Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited August 15
    Yes having same issue. thought I was going to have do a warranty exchange or something. which would suck
  • planetanycplanetanyc Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here, factory reset 3 times and still no Home/Libray/Store loading, except browser works :/
  • oarneboarneb Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks for reporting the issue with the Home, Store, and Library not loading, we're looking into this now and working on getting a fix as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience. -Rick
    Any eta yet?
  • tracckertraccker Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    traccker said:
    yep, if you want to launch any app or game just do it from your phone app and the game should pop up on the quest
  • PewTronPugPewTronPug Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The issue seems to only be happening right now. We should all just wait. It sucks but hopefully it'll fix 
    NerveGear
    traccker said:
    traccker said:
    yep, if you want to launch any app or game just do it from your phone app and the game should pop up on the quest
    Just realized, I already did a factory reset, so I don't currently have any games loaded on my Quest. :#
  • SixpcpearlSixpcpearl Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having the same issue. I can start a game from the phone app also. But if this is a stand alone headset..and my apps are loaded onto the headset..why won't the library open ?
    Just a bit confused on that...