New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

We're having trouble starting oculus error message

Entity303Entity303 Posts: 5
NerveGear
So I installed the oculus software, but when I try to run it it gives me the error message 'We're having trouble starting oculus'. I tried reinstalling it, some people said to manually start the OVR library service which I tried but it just stops again. I tried repairing the software which didn't help. Any ideas? I'm pretty surprised that this big a bug hasn't been fixed yet as it seems several people have the same issues.

Comments

• Entity303Entity303 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Bump
  • rtb1980rtb1980 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem.  I've tried reinstalling, running the repair option, multiple times and am still getting this message.  
    NerveGear
    Damn't oculus fix your shit. I paid $400 for this headset I expect to actually be able to use it.
    NerveGear
    I tried submitting a ticket but still haven't heard back.
  • antitrust42antitrust42 Posts: 115
    Hiro Protagonist
    return mine tomorrow , piece of shit, support worse
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 348 Oculus Staff
    Hey @Entity303, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Oculus software. If you're getting the "we're having trouble starting oculus message", please try the following:
    1. Open the Microsoft Services Console (Start > Search > services.msc)
    2. Verify the Oculus VR Runtime Service status is Running (If the service is not Running: Right click “Oculus VR Runtime Service then select “Start.”)
    3. Verify the Oculus VR Runtime Service Startup type is Automatic (no delayed start)
    4. If the service startup type is not showing Automatic: Right click “Oculus VR Runtime Service,” Select “Properties,” change Startup Type to “Automatic”

Also, try disabling any anti-virus software since it can cause issues with the software. If you're on a network with any restrictions, please try connecting to unrestricted network if possible.

Thanks!
    -Rick
    NerveGear
    Hey @Entity303, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Oculus software. If you're getting the "we're having trouble starting oculus message", please try the following:
    1. Open the Microsoft Services Console (Start > Search > services.msc)
    2. Verify the Oculus VR Runtime Service status is Running (If the service is not Running: Right click “Oculus VR Runtime Service then select “Start.”)
    3. Verify the Oculus VR Runtime Service Startup type is Automatic (no delayed start)
    4. If the service startup type is not showing Automatic: Right click “Oculus VR Runtime Service,” Select “Properties,” change Startup Type to “Automatic”

Also, try disabling any anti-virus software since it can cause issues with the software. If you're on a network with any restrictions, please try connecting to unrestricted network if possible.

Thanks!
    -Rick
    Thats the answer most people say, but Oculus VR runtime starts just fine. By now I have tried:
    Restarting my PC.
    Using Memtest86 to check for faulty memory.
    Reinstalling Oculus software.
    Reinstalling windows completely.
    Repairing the software.
    Doing the said solution.

I also have no antivirus other than windows defender. I submitted a ticket but still haven't heard back.