Oculus rift sucks — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus rift sucks

coxy_99coxy_99 Posts: 6
NerveGear
No really i thought id give it a second chance this time spunked £85 On a startech pcie 3.0 card, This was after i read a little more, installed the card updated drivers via windows 10 as told, Plug in new rift same problem, Honestly it sucks £500 waste of money ill be sending this one back to, I will never ever use this company again.

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,991 Valuable Player
    If you have a USB 3.1 port on your motherboard, try that.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,089 Valuable Player
    edited May 31
    Sad to hear you can't get the Rift to work. Personally my Rift has been my best buddy for years - and you'll miss out on the most amazing experiences. If fact Rift has given me so much - maybe similar to what's said here  B)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    snowdog said:
    I think you mean gen 2, because the new name for standard USB 3 is USB 3.1 gen 1.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,262
    Wintermute
    snowdog said:
    I think you mean gen 2, because the new name for standard USB 3 is USB 3.1 gen 1.
    Ya, all these new gen's are kinda confusing, even after reading this, lol!
    https://www.avadirect.com/blog/usb-3-1-vs-3-0-vs-usb-type-c-thunderbolt-difference/

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 533
    Neo
    edited June 1
    I would have went for a Inteck card, these seems to be way better than the Startech going some of the reviews i have read around the net....
    Can you return it for another card?
    Did you plug the card into your PSU?
    Are you using W10?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,393 Valuable Player
    OGYates said:
    I spent 400 dollars
    not even knowing it was from facebook,

Pro Tip: Research before you buy.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 518
    Trinity
    theres a youtube video about money and the speaker said theres two kinds of people, workers and entrepreneurs.

workers are taken care of, entrepreneurs take care of themselves. i think with the technical issues inherent in current vr the technology is for entrepreneurs not workers, then if thats true you see here a person complaining and its a sign theyre a worker personality.

if the product is marketed as for workers then it just has to work meaning that once bought its plug and play and no hassle.

its interesting to see, for me.

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,003 Valuable Player
    edited September 11
    OGYates said:
    No honestly it is FUCKING BULLSHIT, I spent 400 dollars on this shitty fucking headset that only wants to get tangled even when secure, I have to deal with the tracking not even wanting to track and the app itself is shitty, I don't know what I was thinking buying one of facebooks bullshit headsets not even knowing it was from facebook, I just want to throw the headset at the wall over and over and over till I break my computer because of it. I am just so enraged that it doesn't want to work properly even while taking good care of the stupid fucking thing and within only 2 months it doesn't want to work at all. I wish I had a fucking warranty to get my money back and just go buy a fucking index
    (I dont have one) however the general consensus is that the Index needs even more fiddling with than the CV1 to get working properly - then there is the lottery on the controllers... Personally I have no issues with CV1, but that said i know some do, the CV1 tests your USB really hard.  Anyone with issues i assume you are not using any extension cables... if so remove them at least whilst you test.

try plugging the devices into different USB ports - try to spread the load.
    Other than that, the RiftS is much simpler to set up and may be a better fit for some people
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,027 Valuable Player
    OGYates said:
    No honestly it is FUCKING BULLSHIT, I spent 400 dollars on this shitty fucking headset that only wants to get tangled even when secure, I have to deal with the tracking not even wanting to track and the app itself is shitty, I don't know what I was thinking buying one of facebooks bullshit headsets not even knowing it was from facebook, I just want to throw the headset at the wall over and over and over till I break my computer because of it. I am just so enraged that it doesn't want to work properly even while taking good care of the stupid fucking thing and within only 2 months it doesn't want to work at all. I wish I had a fucking warranty to get my money back and just go buy a fucking index

K thanx buh bye!  
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 1,969
    Project 2501
    OGYates said:
    Ya the index with its shitty factory defective joystick
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 533
    Neo

OGYates said:
    Yeah, might not have been a good idea to go for that Narnia exclusive 2 months only warrenty cover on your $500 purchase. lol