New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

After About 10 Minutes of Use, My Screen in My Headset Goes Black.

RavenousRaven27RavenousRaven27 Posts: 2
NerveGear
I've been having troubles with my Rift S. After about 10 minutes of use, my screen in my headset goes black, the game freezes on my regular monitor, and the Oculus app can't detect the Rift S display port. And after it detects it again, the headset can't track the controllers, so I go to devise setup, but it says that the sensors on the headset aren't working. To fix this, I have to restart my PC, But then the same issue arises again, and again. I've been trying to fix it but nothing has worked. I've tried using different USB ports, different display ports, updating graphics drivers, updating windows, using the public test channel, but none of these had any effect on the problem. If anyone has fixed this before, please inform me.

Best Answer

• Nickdbb12Nickdbb12 Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    Accepted Answer
    I know the issue, the Rift ITSELF, requires at least 300W power consumption. Bare in mind, the PC has to power two HD Screens. I would go with an 800W arounds. 80Plus Bronze is fine, but if the computer turns off for a moment then back on, then it doesn’t have enough wattage

Answers

• Nickdbb12Nickdbb12 Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    Can I get a list of your PC specifications?
  • RavenousRaven27RavenousRaven27 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Nickdbb12 said:
    Can I get a list of your PC specifications?
    Intel Core i7-8700K
    16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengence 3000MHz
    SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 512GB
    ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 AMP
    EVGA 650 B3, 80+ Bronze 650W
    ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 
  • braiangrenobraiangreno Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have a similar problem. Yesterday I used and work perfect. Today I have the same problem, my screen only stay black and when I open a app in oculus app say my oculus rift s its not connected. Whatever the oculus app say my oculos are connected.
  • antitrust42antitrust42 Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    i return my rift s, tired with all time need to repear software to the headset was recognised and other issue apprear just after 

this RIFT S is a piece of garbage ! 
    i pack and return before i cant ! 

i will go waith later if they made a better product, because now is a pain , long to repear and upgrade the formware all time 

they MADE A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG FAIL with their new device