New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus left eye suddenly cuts in and out after latest update.

JJL15KJJL15K Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited May 31 in Support
I love my rift and use it daily. For the last 2 years ive had no issues with anything besides the usual left ear audio issue that a good deal of others had. The day before the latest oculus software update hit, my rift was working fine and the left eye had no abnormalities about it. The next day, after the update, the left eye will randomly cut out after I take off my headset. when I launch oculus software and initially put on the headset, both work fine. After taking it off to use the restroom or get a drink of water, or wipe off the lenses, the left eye will randomly cut out and go completely black, with the other working perfectly fine. I don't know if this is a hardware failure, but it only happened just after the latest update. The timing would be impeccable if it is indeed a malfunction of some component in my headset. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the issue still persists. Does anyone know if this is an issue with the hdmi cable from my oculus, an issue within the rifts display and lens itself, or if this is some driver issue that the new update caused. Like I said the left eye still works at the start when I launch the software and continues working until I take off the headset, in which case I have to either restart the software, or unplug the cable from the rift headset and reinsert it, which also resolves the video issue, but then results in the games audio being cut out.