cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking sensors - it's been an hour - tried again - Then "Sensors can't track headset" error.

RickThePhotoGuy
Honored Guest
I removed all the Oculus software and started from scratch. In setup it's stuck on the headset sensor check screen. Checking sensors..." with the spinning circle. I waited an hour and finally unplugged the USB cable. Plugged it in again. FYI, I purchased a powered USB 3.1 PCIe card just for the Rift S to avoid issues. Like this. I know the card works - I've used it with several external devices. So I unplugged it, plugged in again. Same thing. Repeated. Then received the "Sensors can't track headset" error. Looking online I'm seeing a LOT of people with the same issue. Any ideas?!
3 REPLIES 3

sraura
Heroic Explorer
... settings/privacy/camera/allow apps to access your camera -> enabled

TheSuicidalGoat
Honored Guest

... settings/privacy/camera/allow apps to access your camera -> enabled

Already enabled, still doesn't work. I'm currently trying the windows 10 may 2019 update so I'll lyk how it goes.

pokotaco
Honored Guest
after hrs of trying a bunch of crap .. this fixed the sensor  problem in seconds .. alienware r4 .. windows 10 .. went to device manager .. to usb controllers .. disabled tobii eye tracking .. yours might read "eyechip" .. restarted computer .. DONE .. rift s works great .. i hope this helps someone out there ..