Rift S - Intermittent Mic Problem? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S - Intermittent Mic Problem?

GemmaKnight33GemmaKnight33 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hey all,

I am using the Rift S mic in game and 80% of the time it works fine, however the other 20% the quality drops and I sound like a robot when I talk. Others tell me this, and I can hear it in recordings too. The robotic voice only lasts for about 15 seconds and then it starts to sound normal again.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

  • n0xpn0xp Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey man, even though no one responded, I just wanted to let you know that I'm experiencing the same thing.

    You're not alone.
  • MisterRogersMisterRogers Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have the issue where my mic 100% stops working after a random time and I have to reset my USB connection. I think both of these issues may have something to do with a lack of power going through the USB. I ordered a PCIe card for USB 3.1 2nd gen. I'll see if that helps.
  • BD4GSBD4GS Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the issue where my mic 100% stops working after a random time and I have to reset my USB connection. I think both of these issues may have something to do with a lack of power going through the USB. I ordered a PCIe card for USB 3.1 2nd gen. I'll see if that helps.
    Please let us know if your PCIe card fixed your mic issue.
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 339
    Trinity
    I have had this as well, but it only happens when using discord, never on normal streams.
    So guess it's a discord bug.
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 339
    Trinity
    Actually happened when I streamed Shadow Point tonight outside of discord.. . Not as long or often as when using discord, but it was there a few times.
    So guess it didn't have anything to do with discord.
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
Sign In or Register to comment.