Rift S Troubleshooting Help! Three Dots Loading Screen... — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Troubleshooting Help! Three Dots Loading Screen...

PANDAmonium1294PANDAmonium1294 Posts: 10
NerveGear
edited June 5 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
I recently purchased a Rift S and after setting it up and running for about 5 minutes I ran into a bunch of issues. After troubleshooting most of them the app says my headset is set up correctly (connected and active with a green checkmark), but in the headset, I can only see three animated dots for the loading screen. I can hear the audio from the Home screen, but can only see those dots. Does anyone else have this issue and have a fix? I have a pending ticket with Oculus support, but they're swamped and if I have to return the unit I'd rather do it sooner and replace it. Thank you!

UPDATE: There were some useful comments listed below so if you have a similar problem I'd say give those a try, BUT none of them solved the issue for me so I am returning the unit. Thank you for everyone who commented and tried to help!

Answers

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,238 Volunteer Moderator
    Have you opted in to the beta in your settings page ? Give that a try and see if it helps mate.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• PANDAmonium1294PANDAmonium1294 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    Have you opted in to the beta in your settings page ? Give that a try and see if it helps mate.
    Yes I tried that, updated all my drivers, restart my PC and the Oculus App =(
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,238 Volunteer Moderator
    Sit it out with a ticket then I'm afraid :(
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    Sit it out with a ticket then I'm afraid :(
    Damn, I was worried that'd be the answer I'd get haha
  • popy05popy05 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    have you got camera turned on in windows 10 ?I had this issue & had to turn camera on , also I activated the beta public test channel in oculus then updated all firmware . so far no problems
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    popy05 said:
    have you got camera turned on in windows 10 ?I had this issue & had to turn camera on , also I activated the beta public test channel in oculus then updated all firmware . so far no problems
    This ^
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
    NerveGear
    popy05 said:
    I think I have. All of my camera privacy settings are "open" so my apps have access, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Any instructions on where I should look?
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 325 Oculus Staff
    Hey @PANDAmonium1294, you can turn on the Camera in the Windows privacy settings by following these steps:
    1. Open your Windows Settings.
    2. Click Privacy.
    3. Click Camera.
    4. Change your “Allow apps to access your camera” setting to “On.”
    The same info is in our support article here https://support.oculus.com/1277389259083922/

Thanks,
    -Rick
    NerveGear
    Hey @PANDAmonium1294, you can turn on the Camera in the Windows privacy settings by following these steps:
    2. Click Privacy.
    3. Click Camera.
    The same info is in our support article here https://support.oculus.com/1277389259083922/

Thanks,
    -Rick
    Reset all of my camera Privacy settings and there was no change. Still looking for any suggestions and on Oculus to review my ticket.
    NerveGear
    2. Click Privacy.
    3. Click Camera.

Thanks,
    -Rick
    Reset all of my camera Privacy settings and there was no change. Still looking for any suggestions and on Oculus to review my ticket.
  • bporionbporion Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    i see those animated dots almost everytime i play a racing game and right after they disappear i have to redo the room set up look ahead , touch the floor set guardian ... but i guess in your case you are not asked to do the set up ? 
    NerveGear
    bporion said:
    i see those animated dots almost everytime i play a racing game and right after they disappear i have to redo the room set up look ahead , touch the floor set guardian ... but i guess in your case you are not asked to do the set up ? 
    Ya there's nothing. I tried to run the setup process again and I get to the point where it says "continue set up in your VR headset", but I can't cause I only see those dots...
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited June 3
    OK try Kill Oculus 3 Tasks then install Oculus-Driver but with any Antivirus=OFF and REBOOT 
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    OK try Kill Oculus 3 Tasks then install Oculus-Driver but with any Antivirus=OFF and REBOOT 
    Gave it a try, same result...damn
  • jruivojruivo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm also suffering from this issue... If you find a fix, let me know.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Reconnected USB after 5secs>Setup Guardian again?
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Reconnected USB after 5secs>Setup Guardian again?
    Yup, read that in another thread and gave it a try. Nothing...
  • patrickbitton66patrickbitton66 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Same problem. I wish I could start using my Rift S soon! :'(
    NerveGear
    Same problem. I wish I could start using my Rift S soon! :'(
    I'd say return it and order a new one, that's all I could do =(
  • LiangVR_DistributionLiangVR_Distribution Posts: 5
    NerveGear

Just to emphasize, after you do the below 4 steps
    2. Click Privacy.
    3. Click Camera.
    There may be still some apps toggled as "off".

The important thing here is make sure "win32webviewhost" app is allowed access to your camera, because after changing your "Allow apps to access your camera" setting to "On", sometimes the "win32webviewhost" toggle is still "Off", you need to turn that "On".

After doing that, it should run without problem.
  • patrickbitton66patrickbitton66 Posts: 8
    NerveGear

Just to emphasize, after you do the below 4 steps
    2. Click Privacy.
    3. Click Camera.
    There may be still some apps toggled as "off".

The important thing here is make sure "win32webviewhost" app is allowed access to your camera, because after changing your "Allow apps to access your camera" setting to "On", sometimes the "win32webviewhost" toggle is still "Off", you need to turn that "On".

After doing that, it should run without problem.
    Please excuse my ignorance but how do I access the "win32webviewhost" app in order to turn it on?
  • freshtilldeath0freshtilldeath0 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hello,

Was there a fix to this, I am currently having the exact same issue and have tried everything suggested by Oculus support/threads currently waiting on a further reply from support. The issue started the day I got the headset. Did you get a replacement and did the issue continue? 
  • jacob.brown.7731jacob.brown.7731 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    All,

I've done all the troubleshooting on this page.
    The only way i get my Rift S to work, I have to uninstall the Oculus program unplug the headset from the computer.
    Restart the computer and reinstall the Oculus program, do the full set up all over again and it start to work... for a few hours. After 3 to 4 hours it will stop tracking and i have to start all over again with the above information. 

Come on Oculus, give us some information that you are looking into this issue...
    NerveGear
    All,

The only way i get my Rift S to work, I have to uninstall the Oculus program unplug the headset from the computer.
    Restart the computer and reinstall the Oculus program, do the full set up all over again and it start to work... for a few hours. After 3 to 4 hours it will stop tracking and i have to start all over again with the above information. 

Come on Oculus, give us some information that you are looking into this issue...
    Same, I found once I quit the app or restart my PC it breaks again and has 3 dots. Super strange and I have been told by support to wait 4-5 business days for a response. Only positive to this is that I know its not a PC issue if it is happening to multiple people. 
  • d1md1m Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Have the same trouble with three dots on my Rift S. In Oculus drivers everything is ok, USB 3.0 and DisplayPort connected properly, but I have three dots in my headset. After launching Elite Dangerous I see headset tracking movings, but nothing image inside VR. What's wrong with Oculus? Where is Oculus support comments?
    NerveGear
    All,

Same, I found once I quit the app or restart my PC it breaks again and has 3 dots. Super strange and I have been told by support to wait 4-5 business days for a response. Only positive to this is that I know its not a PC issue if it is happening to multiple people. 
    Is your USB 3.0 on-board or a powered PCI/PCIe card? That's the only thing i can think of right now.

NerveGear
    edited June 19
    All,

Is your USB 3.0 on-board or a powered PCI/PCIe card? That's the only thing i can think of right now.

Powered PCI/PCIe card, never had this issue with the cv1 edition
    NerveGear
    All,

Powered PCI/PCIe card, never had this issue with the cv1 edition
    I was thinking maybe my  USB 3.0 was not pushing out enough consistent power. I was going to try buying a new USB 3.0 Card but i don't think i will now.
  • d1md1m Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited June 20
    I fixed my trouble with infinetely loading (three dots) by the following actions:

1. Remove USB 3.0 fabric drivers (I am using St-Lab PCI Express USB 3.0 card  (U-780) with power supply) and install default Windows drivers (displayed as Renesas USB 3.0 Root Hub (Microsoft) now)
    2. Install Oculus drivers and apps to another drive and directory (looks like really clean installation)
    3. All this time Oculus headset was connected to my computer
    Hope this helps!

PS: I don't know why the installation process of Oculus is such fragile, I think Oculus team needs to pay attention to it.
  • Derpy_The_BraveDerpy_The_Brave Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 18
    im having the same issue... my internet is good. tried the above steps, and after an hour of power cycles + clicking the Oculus-Driver itll finally work for a few minutes. Not to mention the Oculus Home app is trash. half the selectable options dont even do anything. one of which is the reset Oculus. or the x in the top right corner to close the dumb program. i literally have to kill it through task manager to close it every time. I've also had it to where the install button did absolutely nothing (to reinstall my purchased games) after uninstalling and reinstalling the oculus home app. Why the frick are they selling such faulty garbage technology... probably cause its "Facebook technologies". And here i thought they were only good for invading and sharing everyones personal information. Do they at least warranty their products so i can get another one?