Last Doom post: RiftS with DoomVFR problem — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Last Doom post: RiftS with DoomVFR problem

C-R-O-N-O-SC-R-O-N-O-S Posts: 4
NerveGear
I have problems with DoomVFR. 
No posts are helpful or stuck at the same place. 
The performance is good and always at 90 fps. 
Only with head movements it jerks extremely.
If DoomVFR should run on you RiftS please give your specifications. 

Driver version, Oculus Vers., nvidia settings, Windows Updates?!

Thank you!

Comments

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 671
    Neo
    I have just downloaded and played a little, all appears to be good so far :)
    Specs in sig...
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • C-R-O-N-O-SC-R-O-N-O-S Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited June 4
    Very interesting!
    I also have a 1080 and Win10. 
    Which graphics driver do you have and which Windows10 build?

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,434
    Project 2501
    edited June 4
    I have problems with DoomVFR. 
    No posts are helpful or stuck at the same place. 
    The performance is good and always at 90 fps. 
    Only with head movements it jerks extremely.
    If DoomVFR should run on you RiftS please give your specifications. 

Driver version, Oculus Vers., nvidia settings, Windows Updates?!

Thank you!
    I'm running a 2080 ti. Settings maxed. Sharpen 2.0. I have 100% supersampling in Steam VR (no supersampling).

I leave it at no supersampling because I assume Sharpen is a form of supersampling. Am I wrong about that? 

Also, I use the hack that allows you to have smooth turning since Bethesda is too lazy to add smooth turning.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,192
    Wintermute
    edited June 4
    It runs ok but not dead smooth for me. You can add turning/jumping via the AutoHotkey Script and edit it as in threads here.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,383 Valuable Player
    I'm wondering if the game still uses 60 Hz tick rate. Doom 3 did meaning that the only way to get perfect smoothness was to get 60 fps in 60 Hz. Because no matter what I do Doom VFR isn't perfectly smooth, even if I get solid 90 fps. But the game plays fine still, and most will probably never notice this potential issue - if it's still hidden in the engine.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 671
    Neo
    Very interesting!
    I also have a 1080 and Win10. 
    Which graphics driver do you have and which Windows10 build?

Windows build is 1709 and the very latest Nvidia driver - I also use an Xbox for Windows controller as I CBA to install AutoHotkey to allow me to turn...
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,434
    Project 2501
    With Steam VR you have to always check the Steam VR supersampling settings. 
    NerveGear
    In steam the ss settings are set to 100%. 
    But as I said, the performance is GOOD.  I have Win10 1809 and also the latest Nvidia drivers.  Either it is a setting in the driver or Windows.  Does it go with someone who has Win1809?
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,192
    Wintermute
    edited June 5
    It goes but isn't brilliantly smooth. By that I mean each 5secs it glitches slightly and that isn't the whlte flashes either and CV1 did the same too (without white flashes obviously).
  • SLM101SLM101 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I'm also getting strange jerky movements using Rift S on Win10/i7 4770k @4.4GHz/GTX1070/16GB RAM. The whole game seems to run perfectly but in some rooms the movement is kinda jerky/shakey despite running at a high framerate. The room with the smaller 3D models on the benches at the begining is a perfect example.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,612 Valuable Player
    Have you tried running the game with OpenComposite? Should get better performance if you take SteamVR out of the equation.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    NerveGear
    OpenComposite does not work with this VULKAN version. >:)