Payment method error — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Payment method error

hechoenguatehechoenguate Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited June 4 in General
I tried with 4 differents credits card, PayPal, please help

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,862 Volunteer Moderator
    Contact support they will help, expect a little delay due to current high demands.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• stphungstphung Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 4
    I can't add a payment method either, sent in a support ticket. First day of oculus quest and all I can play are demos. :(
  • cole.veritascole.veritas Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    We can't submit payment info either... Have tried multiple cards and PayPal. This sucks. 
    The problem maybe that delivery address and your card address may be different, this is what happened in 2016 so only an idea???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• hechoenguatehechoenguate Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Hi, thank you for your response. The problem isn’t my direction, because it’s been the same for 15 years. I had already bought games with the same credit card and home address. I wrote to oculus service, I did everything they told me to do and nothing. They never wrote to me again 
    Have you contacted PayPal? Might be a block their end ?

NerveGear
    Everything is fine with my cards and my PayPal account. The problem I think is in Oculus store
    Then I would check check and check again that everything is entered correctly. Could be a single digit or letter out somewhere that you missed fella ?

NerveGear
    Believe me, I’ve tried everything in different ways, in different computers. I tried many times. It does not work . I was reading many peoples reviews and they have the same trouble as I have. 
  • TheLynchMob906TheLynchMob906 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It’s almost like they don’t want our money
  • JJGeltownJJGeltown Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    This is 100% on Oculus' end. I ordered back on May 25th and my order was supposed to ship on the 7th. I've been on Oculus support chat now 3 times (currently waiting on my 4th) and no one can give me an answer as to what the heck is going on. Payment was accepted right away and it seems to just be stuck in their system. 
  • QVR-DudeQVR-Dude Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    This is what I've resorted to in an effort to fix this:

1.  Started a fresh Oculus profile with all new names and passwords just
         for the Quest- abandoned my former CV1 account along with
         the games.

2.  Changed my internet Browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox.

3.  Opened an entirely new checking account in a new bank along
         with a fresh, fully activated debit card.

4.  Used a new cell phone to download the Oculus App for getting
         the Quest going and added payment methods through it.

--- the only thing that is the same from the old Oculus CV1 profile
    is My actual birth name, and address(within the U.S.).