Stuck on Download Queued for Apps on Quest — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Stuck on Download Queued for Apps on Quest

PredheltPredhelt Posts: 5
NerveGear
Ever since an update for Beat Saber earlier today, I have not been able to install any apps on my Quest using the device or my connected phone because I am given the message "Download Queued..." forever when I select an uninstalled app to install.  I noticed this when some of the songs in Beat Saber would not load in so I uninstalled the app and attempted to reinstall but ran into this issue and noticed none of the apps could avoid the queue.  There are no apps in my download queue so I am not sure what is holding up the queue.  I have tried restarting the device by holding the power button and also by holding the power and volume buttons but neither methods have worked.  I am not sure how to prevent this issue, are there any solutions for perhaps clearing the download queue entirely without doing a factory reset?

Comments

• owen.pauley.9owen.pauley.9 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just factory reset mine hoping it works. OCULUS YOU NEED TO GET YOUR VERY EXPENSIVE HEADSET WORKING PROPERLY!!!

• PredheltPredhelt Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Woke up this morning to see if it would go away on its own but what I believe to be an invisible item is still stuck in the queue. 
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,680 Volunteer Moderator
    I fired up my Quest this morning to check for this issue and found that it had installed updates overnight (Rec Room said "installed 6 hours ago"). I haven't been doing a full power-down like I do with my Go, I've just been turning it off with a tap of the power button. I didn't expect that it would auto-install updates in standby, and frankly I wish there was a setting to turn that off... I always prefer to manually update so I know when updates have happened.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • StrykerAZStrykerAZ Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I left mine turned off overnight, not powered down and it's still stuck in the queue. No one has responded yet. Anyone from Oculus able to comment on this?
  • KeviN-NrGKeviN-NrG Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    :/ I too have been having the same problem since yesterday afternoon...
  • rythmicMrythmicM Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here - purchased a couple of games and can't download them :(
    NerveGear
    The factory reset did end up fixing it, although not sure how to make it so I won't have to factory reset in the future for the same reason.
  • Str8snowStr8snow Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    iam stuck in the same issue also help. i rented a basket ball court to play on tonight and all three of the apps i wanted to use wont work.

• DerivitivDerivitiv Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I also have this same problem. Seems to have started with a failed Beat Saber update. Purchased RoboRecall two days ago and have yet to be able to play it.
  • KeviN-NrGKeviN-NrG Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm gonna say 40hrs and still haven't updated or downloaded anything yet...still sitting in queue.
    NerveGear
    Best bet if you want to get past this right now is to do a factory reset on your device.  Only way I know that fixes the problem.
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 107 Oculus Staff
    We’re aware of an issue on Quest affecting download queues for some people, and we’re actively working on a fix. We’ll share more as soon as we can. Apologies and thanks for your patience.
  • VRBikerVRBiker Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem since yesterday.  I am hesitant to buy new apps until a fix is published because I fear that they will not be able to install. 
  • Sun-Knight-SolaireSun-Knight-Solaire Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    It has been almost 48 hours on my end with this same problem.

No word from Oculus at all except u/OculusSupport saying on Reddit that they're aware. Outside of that, radio silence via support ticket, radio silience on twitter, and I've yet to see any acknowledgement here. So WTF? 
  • erikflowerserikflowers Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Adding my voice, same issue, and to add to the pain, at first I had 2 apps stuck, then 4 more decided to auto-update, and now 6 apps are all stuck in "download queued", including 2 brand new purchases. 
  • mwskainsmwskains Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yeah it won't let me update VRChat
  • MenithalMenithal Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Had the same issue, just ended up factory reseting it, after which it worked again. This better not happen again.
    NerveGear
    Oculus support finally replied to my ticket... not really helpful unfortunately:

Thanks for letting us know what is happening with your downloads. I can definitely look into this issue for you.

We are currently aware of an issue with the Quest affecting download queues for some users.

We are actively working on a fix for the issue, and we will share more information as soon as we have an update.

We definitely want to get you back into VR with your Quest, and we appreciate your continued patience and understanding on this issue.

Best Regards,

Ernest
    Oculus Support

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,680 Volunteer Moderator
    It has been almost 48 hours on my end with this same problem.

No word from Oculus at all except u/OculusSupport saying on Reddit that they're aware. Outside of that, radio silence via support ticket, radio silience on twitter, and I've yet to see any acknowledgement here. So WTF? 
    Literally two posts above yours, an Oculus staff member acknowledged the issue and said they're actively working on a fix. The recent Quest software update has seemingly solved the issue for some people. Check your software version either in the headset or the phone app (new version is build number 256550.6170.0) to see if you've received the update. It happens with no notification while the headset is in standby mode, so if you don't have it yet, try leaving your headset in standby for a while and it should update.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    NerveGear
    @nalex66
    Oh snap. You're right, I completely missed that they did acknowledge this, still technically no info outside of saying they're working on it. That really bugs me considering this hardware isn't exactly cheap. 

It seems that the headset is now at 256550.6170.0. Some of the updates have actually worked now. I was able to reinstall Rec Room. Though it seems Virtual Desktop wont re-download and I can't update VR Chat.

Now knowing that these updates happen in the background, I can keep an eye on version numbers at least. Thanks for that. :)

• erikflowerserikflowers Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Closing the loop on my comment: After the oculus update and by canceling the downloads of stuck apps and re-initiating everything, downloads returned and there are no problems. This was as of around 8am Friday the 7th. I checked for anything with a partially filled blue-bar on the app thumbnail, stopped it, uninstalled it, did a power cycle, and was restored. Could have been the firmware update, or maybe they fixed it, but that's how I got back in action this morning.
  • PrografPrograf Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    Reset did not help this issue.  I am stuck at 53% downloading update.  5 hrs so far.     Does oculus read these threads?
  • KingDoppioKingDoppio Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey guys, I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!! (And it doesnt include needing to fac reset) If you are having the same problem i had where for some reason, on the quest, all your games even those you had installed went into download queue without getting out of queue or being able to cancel the download. Literally all you had to do which instantly worked for me is hold down the power button on the side and wait till the prompt comes up then press RESTART and let ur oculus restart should only take 10 seconds, just keep the headset on and on ur head, when its done all your games that were already installed and were mysteriously got into an infinite queue shouldnt be in queue anymore and wouldnt unless needed an update be reinstalled. ur welcome!