MSI gl63 8rd dont work for displayport — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

MSI gl63 8rd dont work for displayport

odarialodarial Posts: 3
NerveGear
I have MSI GL63 8RD-642XES Intel Core i7-8750H/16GB/1TB+512GB SSD/GTX 1050Ti/15.6"
But the oculus rift s dont work on my laptop.
Windows 10 detect on nvidia 1050ti the device but the oculus program no, the program say me that the usb3.0 is conected but displayport isnt conected.
I'll try with an adapter for displayport to usb type c.
Someone can help me?

Comments

• odarialodarial Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    With displayport to usb type C don't work, all ports (usb type c, minidisplayport and hdmi) are connected with integral graphic card inter630.
  • sraurasraura Posts: 164
    Art3mis

However you might have a problem because;

Rift S Supported Connections
    • DisplayPort Connection: You can connect your Oculus Rift S to any DisplayPort port that is directly connected to a discrete GPU.
    • Mini DisplayPort Connection: You can connect your Oculus Rift S to any Mini DisplayPort port that is directly connected to a discrete GPU using the mDP → DP adapter included with your Rift S.
  • zarocostazarocosta Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    odarial said:
    I have MSI GL63 8RD-642XES Intel Core i7-8750H/16GB/1TB+512GB SSD/GTX 1050Ti/15.6"
    But the oculus rift s dont work on my laptop.
    Windows 10 detect on nvidia 1050ti the device but the oculus program no, the program say me that the usb3.0 is conected but displayport isnt conected.
    I'll try with an adapter for displayport to usb type c.
    Someone can help me?
    the connector display port  it's a real shit, it is cheap, after 3 days it does not work cause the internal tabs are damaged, the same problem was with the other Rift