New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest Tracking Freeze Randomly

ZooropixZooropix Posts: 6
NerveGear
Hi
After Random amount of time Oculus seems to lose tracking. The game seems to keep working on, but the picture track is at the same position when I move my head and also the controllers are stuck in position.
It happened in random games, it happened even when I was "drawing" my working space.
None of buttons work after. Only Hard reset works. After reset the Oculus works fine until next Freeze which happens randomly aprox in 20-40min
Please HELP!

Comments

  • somososomoso Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am also
  • GrailerGrailer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I get these but maybe twice per evening (and also don't know why), I wonder if it's playspace based.. ie if there's something in your environment that is confusing the sensors.
  • VenomousSVTVenomousSVT Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I get them a couple times each song in beat saber.  Its EXTREMELY annoying.  I can get a perfect song score on some songs if it would stop literally lagging and not registering my hands.  The tracking was spot on the first few days of playing, but now it has been very problematic.
  • ZooropixZooropix Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited June 2019
    To mee - it looks like it is not playspace based - I took my headset to another house to a friend of mine - and It happened in the oculus "first steps" demo after like 25minutes of play.

    Another friend of mine have two oculus quest headsets and says he have no problem at all.
    What is most frustrating is it happens randomly in time :(
  • smawong23smawong23 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yeh, it can't be fixed. Wrote to support and got the run around for 3 days. All they did was sending me scripted answers and links to pages on this their website as if you can't read it yourself to begin with. Now they asked me to wait another 3-5days for someone else to help me. From what I can see on this forum there is no solution except hopefully they will send you a replacement, after of course you first mailed yours back to them.  No thank you. I returned my to Best Buy and got my money back right away. 
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 523
    Neo
    First thing that comes in mind is sensor blinding. If your room is too lit, the sensors won't work properly.
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.


    My hopes for VR next gen:

    - Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.


    "If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • ZooropixZooropix Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited June 2019
    I tried it in different light conditions - daylight, normal, evening - all same effect - freeze
    Also - My Oculus Quest is 128GB version - anyone with 64 with same problem?
  • ZooropixZooropix Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Today I sent my Oculus Quest for Replacement, So I will let you guys know, if new one will be fine or not.
  • ZooropixZooropix Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    So I have my new replaced Oculus Quest. Running Third evening and NO PROBLEM AT ALL. I guess replace new unit is only solution for this issue so far at this moment
  • MeyersncMeyersnc Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The most problems I had with the freezing is when I was playing Rec Room VR. Mine froze and then started looping the same 2 seconds of audio I heard from when it actually froze. It didn’t turn off when I tried to turn it off completely, and I plugged it in to charge only to realize that the console didn’t even know it was charging. NOTHING WORKED. Please help
  • SerpulaSerpula Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Zooropix said:
    So I have my new replaced Oculus Quest. Running Third evening and NO PROBLEM AT ALL. I guess replace new unit is only solution for this issue so far at this moment
    Are you on the latest firmware yet? I think the problems are with version 6180...
  • lil_cimmonlil_cimmon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited August 2019
    had kind of different problem but fixed it
  • MadchimpgirlMadchimpgirl Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    My quest completely freezes up randomly when I play rec room and tilt brush it ran fine first few days then got really bad only short fix I found has been restarting the game or reinstall them but I'm getting real annoyed doing this a few times a day it's becoming a real big issue for me especially when I lose my game progress as I can't save :/
  • mikey123211mikey123211 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Zooropix said:
    I tried it in different light conditions - daylight, normal, evening - all same effect - freeze
    Also - My Oculus Quest is 128GB version - anyone with 64 with same problem?
    I have a 64GB and it has done it many times
  • NikorasuNikorasu Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    edited September 2019
    I'm also having this issue.. The screen goes black for a second, tracking resets and shows boundaries, sometimes the app crashes, sometimes not. Happens once or twice every play session.. which is pretty bad.
    I got a replacement headset last month for different issues.. And at first I didn't notice this issue, until that big update last month. So I'm not sure if it existed on this headset prior to that.. Since then no update has fixed it so far. :/  Really hope they can fix this with a firmware update, rather not have to replace AGAIN.. tho this unit does have another bit white pixel in the passthrough cameras.. <_<... :(
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    Nikorasu said:
    I'm also having this issue.. The screen goes black for a second, tracking resets and shows boundaries, sometimes the app crashes, sometimes not. Happens once or twice every play session.. which is pretty bad.
    I got a replacement headset last month for different issues.. And at first I didn't notice this issue, until that big update last month. So I'm not sure if it existed on this headset prior to that.. Since then no update has fixed it so far. :/  Really hope they can fix this with a firmware update, rather not have to replace AGAIN.. tho this unit does have another bit white pixel in the passthrough cameras.. <_<... :(
    Got these Blackouts too. Got the 9.0 firmware today and still the same. One or two times per session. 

    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 2019
    I also got the 9.0 update and also get these freezes. I think they are even worse than before. For me the freezes are related to downloading data. As long as I don't download an app in the backgroud or a game is loading or saving everything is fine but when I have an app downloading in the background all hell freezes over each 20 seconds.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    JohanTEA said:
    I also got the 9.0 update and also get these freezes. I think they are even worse than before. For me the freezes are related to downloading data. As long as I don't download an app in the backgroud or a game is loading or saving everything is fine but when I have an app downloading in the background all hell freezes over each 20 seconds.

    I always wait until they're finished downloading, then I do a reboot before doing anything else. I found with my Go that after downloading Henry, it was all jumpy until I did a reboot. The Quest only has 4GBs of RAM, so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • LempoopLempoop Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just wait for The batteries to die
Sign In or Register to comment.