Anthony Joshua vs Ruiz fight - To be officially added to YouTube today at 2:30pm UK time — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anthony Joshua vs Ruiz fight - To be officially added to YouTube today at 2:30pm UK time

SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,046
Wintermute
edited June 6 in Off-Topic
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know, apparently Sky Sports are added the fight to YouTube today for free at 2:30pm.

I've already seen the fight but for anyone who hasn't I thought I'd let you know.

=============Spoilers reading forward if you don't want to know the result don't read past this line============

So I just wanted to talk about what happened in the fight and the result:

Apparently AJ didn't feel right in the locker room before the fight and didn't feel right all week. Many boxing trainers, coaches and fighters are saying he had all the signs of concussion such as fatigue, dizziness, Nausea, vomiting, disorientated etc.

There's rumoured he got knocked out in training a week before and that's what caused it.

Soon as the fight finished AJ's dad turned to Eddie Hearn and went mental at him, if the rumours are to be believed then presumably for pressuring his son to fight when he wasn't healthy.

All I can say is, he definitely didn't look right to me, it was his worst performance I've ever seen, it was like watching another fighter. All he had to do is jab and move and out point his opponent for 12 rounds and play it smart but instead he stood in the pocket and stood in front of Ruiz and got knocked down 4 times.

I am inclined to believe the concussion theory and I do think AJ will win the rematch in the UK for sure. If he fights the way he did against Klitschko then he will do great.

What do you guys reckon?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,031 Valuable Player
    I personally think he got caught out because he thought he had the fight won and then took a few risks. If he had jabbed and moved around like you said then I'm sure he would have won.
    I think I saw AJ do this in another fight but he then backed off took his time and eventually won the fight.
    Not good if what you say was true though.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,580 Valuable Player
    He won't win the rematch either. I've been saying for YEARS that Joshua is overrated and Hearn's overprotective management of his boxing career hasn't done him any favours. Joshua simply isn't fluid enough to win fights against boxers with good feet and a fast handspeed like Riuz and Fury. He only beat Klitschko because Fury had basically finished him as a fighter in terms of morale when he defeated him so comprehensively.

Joshua MIGHT end up beating Wilder if he can avoid those right hands that he tends to telegraph but Ruiz will batter him again in the rematch and Fury will do the same, probably earlier.

I like Joshua, he's a really nice guy, but he's overrated.

Fury on the other hand, even though he's NOT a very nice person, is streets ahead of anyone else in that division. Best feet I've seen for DECADES at this weight, and that combined with his feinting and head motion makes him VERY difficult to hit and also causes opponents to lose their rhythm. He'll go on to retire undefeated with the only blemish on his boxing record being that robbery in his fight against Wilder. Wilder has been avoiding fighting Fury again because he knows that at that time, after two years out of the ring and having only two warm-up fights, Fury was only at 80% of his best. Next time he'll be at 100% and Wilder will hardly lay a glove on him.

Full fight here:

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,046
    Wintermute
    snowdog said:
    He won't win the rematch either. I've been saying for YEARS that Joshua is overrated and Hearn's overprotective management of his boxing career hasn't done him any favours. Joshua simply isn't fluid enough to win fights against boxers with good feet and a fast handspeed like Riuz and Fury. He only beat Klitschko because Fury had basically finished him as a fighter in terms of morale when he defeated him so comprehensively.

Joshua MIGHT end up beating Wilder if he can avoid those right hands that he tends to telegraph but Ruiz will batter him again in the rematch and Fury will do the same, probably earlier.

I like Joshua, he's a really nice guy, but he's overrated.

Fury on the other hand, even though he's NOT a very nice person, is streets ahead of anyone else in that division. Best feet I've seen for DECADES at this weight, and that combined with his feinting and head motion makes him VERY difficult to hit and also causes opponents to lose their rhythm. He'll go on to retire undefeated with the only blemish on his boxing record being that robbery in his fight against Wilder. Wilder has been avoiding fighting Fury again because he knows that at that time, after two years out of the ring and having only two warm-up fights, Fury was only at 80% of his best. Next time he'll be at 100% and Wilder will hardly lay a glove on him.

Full fight here:

I agree with what you say in regards to Fury as Fury is my favourite fighter and I think he beats Wilder in rematch and then beats Joshua.

I like Joshua also though and I think he can win if he fights smart in the rematch against Ruiz.

But yeah eventually I see Fury beating everyone and taking all the belts.
    Yup, I think Fury is awesome. He's great entertainment at press conferences and interviews and builds up hype very well indeed.

The only minor problem I have with him is his daft religious views but as a fighter I think he's the best the world has seen since Ali.

In some ways they're quite similar, Ali's feet were also fantastic and he also invented the rope-a-dope technique that Fury uses when on the ropes. Ali was MILES better of course but the only fighter that could beat Ali in terms of entertainment, technique and style is...

... @vannagirl of course! B)

Who loves ya, baby?  :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Just realised that was a Kojak quote and not an Ali quote. :blush: :D I'll leave it there anyway and just say...

She should be a postage stamp, because that's the only way she'll ever get licked. She's beautiful. She's fast. She's so mean she makes medicine sick. She can't possibly be beat. B)

Can't wait until Saturday (well, Sunday really, 4am time I think!). Here's a video showing how damned fast Fury is:

The video above is the end of this longer video:

That's just a CRAZY handspeed for a fighter his size, and his movement with both his feet and especially his head. His head movement is natural, you can't teach that, and it upsets his opponents' rhythm rendering any jabs pretty much useless.

Plus he's really funny:

:D  :D :D

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,046
    Wintermute
    Yeah looking forward to this buy I'm more of a pay, record, watch the next morning kind of boxing fan! lol

No way can I be bothered to stay up until 4am, I need my sleep! haha
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,031 Valuable Player
    Yeah looking forward to this buy I'm more of a pay, record, watch the next morning kind of boxing fan! lol

No way can I be bothered to stay up until 4am, I need my sleep! haha
    I used to stay up when it was a bunch of mates all chipping in to watch the pay per view and playing cards for coin. Those were the days of Mike Tyson & Chris Eubank. Drink, boxing and playing cards for coin doesn't always turn out to be a good night in though. Especially when the girlfriend is trying to sleep upstairs and someone is thinking someone cheated them out of 20p :D
    Another Fury masterclass. He toyed with him in the first round and then demolished him in the second after switching to southpaw. I think he fights better as a southpaw. Another TKO for Fury and Schwarzer is still swinging:

:D  :D :D

The more observant of you may notice his Apollo Creed shorts, he did the full Apollo Creed thing during his ring walk. Awesome lol :D

Full fight here:

I'm pretty sure he could have finished him off in the first round but wanted to make things a bit more entertaining.

And here's his ring walk:

He also sang a song to his missus after the fight.

They're going to absolutely love him over there in the States, he'll probably never fight in the UK again. :o