HP Reverb First Impressions Thread (Gen 1) - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HP Reverb First Impressions Thread (Gen 1)

2456713

Comments

  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,792 Valuable Player
    God i'm so jealous of so many people. Flippin Nora, i'm even jealous of those who got a Rift S!
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    vannagirl said:
    pyroth309 said:

    Yes I've been repeating that phrase all week as I spent $1500 at a strip club for my bros Bachelor party and got several of them lap dances lol. (I have no recollection of it) The Reverb is dirt cheap by comparison and provides more entertainment over a longer period of time! 


    And I might even remember it. 
    Lol!

    A few guys from our squad pulled me into a certain type of club who perform a certain type of act when we were back in Bangkok

    some things you can never forget
    They all remember it, maybe I would have remembered if I bought them for myself lol. It was late and I was drinking all night so yea.

    But it's fine, It was about my buddy dying (getting married) and they all had a good time so no regrets lol.

    Plus I think the stories I was told are probably better than what really happened lol. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,077 Valuable Player
    edited June 7
    Wildt said:
    Yeah I agree...  but if I suddenly disappear completely from these forums, my wife found this thread.

    Never let her know what you order. Sometimes she sees a package, sometimes she doesn't. It's better for all that way.  o:) Got my 33" (83cm) hand-painted Galactus statue that way - and it truly was the only way  B) I still have it  :D

    Image result for galactus maquette sideshow

    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

    "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,574 Valuable Player
    edited June 7
    @pyroth309 -  Are you serious, 4 hours? Will that be the same on the HP Reverb controllers?
    I haven't looked at this OpenXR. Would I still need to install the WMR software if I'm using OpenXR? Do you have a link for this OpenXR for WMR? Cheers!
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited June 7
    RedRizla said:
    @pyroth309 -  Are you serious, 4 hours? Will that be the same on the HP Reverb controllers?
    I haven't looked at this OpenXR. Would I still need to install the WMR software if I'm using OpenXR? Do you have a link for this OpenXR for WMR? Cheers!
    Yes it's pretty terrible. Takes a lot of juice to power the Lights. 

    No you will still need the WMR software and if you are using  Windows 10 it will install as soon as you plug it in so it's not a big deal. 
    If you talking about the WMR software on Steam, gonna still need it for the games you play on Steam. 

    Here's a link to the OpenXR prerelease. I haven't tried it yet, been busy irl and still working on some of my Steam games. 

    https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/tag/1.7.0
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,574 Valuable Player
    edited June 7
    Looks like I'm going to have to order a charger for 8 batteries then. I never knew you got so little use out of the batteries with these controllers.
    When I get the Valve index will I be able to use those controllers on WMR I wonder.
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    Looks like I'm going to have to order a charger for 8 batteries then. I never knew you got so little use out of the batteries with these controllers.
    Yes I use Rechargeable and fpsVR shows you your battery life so you can just glance at your left wrist to see what you have left. If I know I'm about to play a long session I just swap em to some full charged ones if they are low. Nicads work best if you fully discharge them but I'm not that worried about them lol. 
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    When I get the Valve index will I be able to use those controllers on WMR I wonder.
    Yes you can. I haven't done it so I can't help with that as I don't have base stations yet. I may try it with my Odyssey when I get my Index for experimenting purposes. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,574 Valuable Player
    @pyroth309 - These WMR controllers. I don't see A,B,X,Y buttons on them like on CV1? So what happens in games that require you to press these buttons?
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited June 7
    RedRizla said:
    @pyroth309 - These WMR controllers. I don't see A,B,X,Y buttons on them like on CV1? So what happens in games that require you to press these buttons?
    You use SteamVR to map them to something else lol. SteamVR also has community/workshop like mappings so most times you can find one someone already made to use. On Revive most of them are already mapped. Not sure how it works on OpenXR.

    Some games you have to use the TouchPad like a D-Pad and hit to the right for A, left for B etc.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,574 Valuable Player
    edited June 8
    If a game uses native VR do they work in the HP Reverb? I'm thinking IL2 Sturmovick & Alien isolation? I didn't purchase IL2 from steam and you just enable VR in the menu from what I remember.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,595 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    If a game uses native VR do they work in the HP Reverb? I'm thinking IL2 Sturmovick & Alien isolation? I didn't purchase IL2 from steam and you just enable VR in the menu from what I remember.
    IL-2 uses Steam VR natively.
    Don

    EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,368 Volunteer Moderator
    Just loading up a 9gb update for IL2, will let you know what its like in the Reverb when I can.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,574 Valuable Player
    edited June 8
    @dburne - I didn't purchase IL2 from Steam though. Like with DCS I purchased these Sims and planes from their websites. Are you sure IL2 still uses Steam even if you didn't purchase it from Steam?
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,368 Volunteer Moderator
    Gimme 10 and I'll let you know @RedRizla 7gb done 2 to go
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited June 8
    It should. I don't own the steam version either and it works for me. (I don't have a Reverb either though but my O+ works) 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,368 Volunteer Moderator
    Yup no issues with IL2, looks incredible and runs smoother for some reason ???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    Yup no issues with IL2, looks incredible and runs smoother for some reason ???
    Smoother than what? It's still SteamVR
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,368 Volunteer Moderator
    No IL2, it seems to run smoother in the reverb. In the CV1 I had that horrible stutter thing when looking through the props now they are gone ???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    No IL2, it seems to run smoother in the reverb. In the CV1 I had that horrible stutter thing when looking through the props now they are gone ???
    Ahhh, no clue there. Been too long since I've used my CV1 in it. I never had that issue that I can recall from memory. It's always run amazing in the O+ and looks fantastic so I can only imagine in the Reverb. I'm a bit jealous.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,368 Volunteer Moderator
    It's a game changer, spot aircraft in the distance so much easier !
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,027 Valuable Player
    vannagirl said:
    pyroth309 said:

    Yes I've been repeating that phrase all week as I spent $1500 at a strip club for my bros Bachelor party and got several of them lap dances lol. (I have no recollection of it) The Reverb is dirt cheap by comparison and provides more entertainment over a longer period of time! 


    And I might even remember it. 
    Lol!

    A few guys from our squad pulled me into a certain type of club who perform a certain type of act when we were back in Bangkok

    some things you can never forget
    DETAILS!!!!!! 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,595 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    @dburne - I didn't purchase IL2 from Steam though. Like with DCS I purchased these Sims and planes from their websites. Are you sure IL2 still uses Steam even if you didn't purchase it from Steam?
    IL-2 uses Steam VR. 
    Steam does not have to be running, but when IL-2 is launched with VR checked Steam VR automatically launches.
    You should see icon for it in your systray.
    Don

    EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,574 Valuable Player
    So when I get this headset is there anything I need to do besides this? Cheers!
    1) Headset will automatically install software for WMR once plugged in.
    2) Head over to Steam and install the program for WMR
    3) Install OpenXR

This discussion has been closed.