Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 274 Oculus Staff
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Comments

• kosmic1976kosmic1976 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Geben Sie Ihren Kommentar ein
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    How do I update??
  • adamriftsadamrifts Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    xeno3d said:
    How do I update??
    xeno3d said:
    How do I update??
     Mine updated on its own, you can see what version your on with the phone app.
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    No auto update here yet.  Is there a way to manually update?
    Brain Burst
    If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
     Thanks for the update, please fix the hissing sound with the oculus in ear headphones. 
  • GuruPaCigge.seGuruPaCigge.se Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    no auto update here either. How do i manualy update?
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 139
    Art3mis
    Mine hasn’t auto updated either...
  • MivicoMivico Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited June 7
    Hi, I have checked on the settings on my Quest, it is the New OS version. I got no update messages or popups. It did it alone in background ?

But now the Home looks more blurry, and also 360 youtube videos even on 4k, it is very blurry (youtube from Browser or from youtube VR app) but also with less antialiasing, what happened ?
    Could WE know exactly what is the changelog did ???

Thank you !
  • RCHelizRCHeliz Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Mivico said:
    Hi, I have checked on the settings on my Quest, it is the New OS version. I got no update messages or popups. It did it alone in background ?

But now the Home looks more blurry, and also 360 youtube videos even on 4k, it is very blurry (youtube from Brosser or from youtube VR app) but also with less antialiasing, what happened ?

Thank you !
    Are you sure about the blurryness? Can someone else confirm this?
    NerveGear
    RCHeliz said:
    Mivico said:

But now the Home looks more blurry, and also 360 youtube videos even on 4k, it is very blurry (youtube from Brosser or from youtube VR app) but also with less antialiasing, what happened ?

Thank you !
    Are you sure about the blurryness? Can someone else confirm this?

Not sure if it is the update but  all fullscreen things (backgrounds, 360 vidéos even in 2k or 4k....) Looks more blurry than Yesterday... Maybe it is my eyes that are tired, but 360 youtube videos looks more blurry now.... Maybe it is my eyes ( of course the headset is well fitted to my head and aligned to my eyes).
    Also little more aliasing on edges I noticed.
    I'm also waiting some other feedbacks.
  • atkinsonlineatkinsonline Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    My headset has updated.  I've looked at the Home screen and personally can see no difference from before.  I had a quick look at YouTube 360 but I'm not familiar enough with any content to be able to compare with what went before.
  • atkinsonlineatkinsonline Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    I updated and had no screen tearing and white flickering so far. 
    That sounds good.  I was only referring to blurriness when I said I see no difference. By that I mean it looks fine to me!
    NerveGear
    edited June 7
    I updated and had no screen tearing and white flickering so far. 
    That sounds good.  I was only referring to blurriness when I said I see no difference. By that I mean it looks fine to me!

I notice that blurry effect more in youtube on the Browser (not the youtube VR app, it was already a little blurry), and only for the fullscreen 360 videos.

Before it was clear and near perfect on 2k and 4k.
    Games like beatsaber seems to not be affected.

It is like a New codec for video is used or something like that and it is limiting the quality selected on youtube.

And now YouTube via the Browser looks the same quality than the youtube VR app. Yesterday, youtube via Browser was on much more good quality for fullscreen 360.
  • LujhoLujho Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank god the guardian fix came quickly! Haven’t had a chance to test it yet, but hopefully I can go back to setting my wall to normal dimensions and not set it off with every fast movement.
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Like others.. mine hasn’t updated itself either.  How do you trigger the update?

cheers, Steve
  • lelel86lelel86 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I’ve just checked my quest and the update has been installed but I still have the download queued problem with my updates and a game I just got. 
  • bbbrrromezbbbrrromez Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mine has not updated- can you explain how to do a manual update...many people are asking
    Brain Burst
    Update has seemed to fix all the screen tearing and graphical glitches. Also I have not had and crackling in the built in speakers  yet but it’s a bit early to tell. We just need a update to fix the hissing when using headphones. 
  • MrCr0aMrCr0a Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Still have some pops in headphone but the screen seems to be ok now.
  • Neoone88Neoone88 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey there oculus, is the update regional? some of us didn't get it yet, or do we need a certain battery percentage for it to update? Thank you!
  • b.jansen1207b.jansen1207 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Great! But, are these the only release notes? What "Various performance improvements" are we talking about?

• TheLlama2018TheLlama2018 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Need release notes for sure. Take some inspiration from Epic on detailed release notes.
  • slapStick667slapStick667 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Still waiting for the update to roll out on my unit. No auto-update yet. How to manually trigger the deployment?
  • jabjab Posts: 152
    Art3mis
    Same here. No update yet...
    NerveGear
    edited June 7
    It seems that the 360 video quality on youtube is good again. And I have also some New options on the settings menu, for dev (frequency)...

Strange but all is ok again, and update done fully
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 62 Oculus Staff
    Hey all - this update was out to 100% of users as of yesterday late afternoon (PST). The updates happen when your device is on, but not active (i.e. sleeping). It's very likely many of you have received the update, but didn't notice because it's a silent process. To confirm you're on the latest, please head to the Settings > See All > About menu and check the OS update. As mentioned in the title, you're looking for 256550.6170.0.
  • VenomousSVTVenomousSVT Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Hey all - this update was out to 100% of users as of yesterday late afternoon (PST). The updates happen when your device is on, but not active (i.e. sleeping). It's very likely many of you have received the update, but didn't notice because it's a silent process. To confirm you're on the latest, please head to the Settings > See All > About menu and check the OS update. As mentioned in the title, you're looking for 256550.6170.0.
    as of now 1:16pm EST on 6/7 i'm still on the previous version.. i've restarted several times. The update has not pushed.  Why isn't there a way to check for updates.
  • VenomousSVTVenomousSVT Posts: 5
    NerveGear