New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

Comments

• MountainDog12MountainDog12 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    My headset says it has Build 256550.6170.5. I am not sure how new this is but, all of a sudden i am having difficulties with the guardian. The stationary circle is so small(3 ft?) that it is unusable & the room scale has to be drawn & redrawn 5 or 6 time before it accepts it. Also while being in the guardian, i keep getting messages to return to the guardian. For me, this used to be flawless, not quite so anymore...
  • CJChildCJChild Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I finally got the update to go by leaving the headset on while charging.  After about 3 hours,  the update showed up. (I usually power it down when I'm not using it) Now I'm having issues with losing control of my controllers during game play and the field of view. Also, games are crashing. I wish I hadn't done the update now. 
  • gpcustomgpcustom Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Perhaps its just me but what the hell happened today. I just watched an update to audio go through and now not only is my audio been turned off to my right ear but I can't access my app library. Hey OCULUS,..Do you know whats going on here?
  • EagleFortEagleFort Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Sorry, but is there a 256550.6170.5 firmware released?  There is a post under support about it,  but the Quest forum makes no mention of it.I have this version

• globalmatadorglobalmatador Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Do anyone know if this update helps the freezing controller problem?
    it's not fixed for me. I just checked that I'm on the latest firmware and my right controller position still randomly freezes until i remove the batteries and reinsert them
  • EagleFortEagleFort Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    256550.6810.0 here !!!
  • diomarkdiomark Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    edited June 25
    Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 325
    Trinity
    edited June 25
    diomark said:
    Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?
    Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 182 Oculus Staff
    enigma01 said:
    diomark said:
    Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!
    Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.
    Trinity
    Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.
    Well I’ve actually been experiencing tracking being worse since the update... when playing Beat Saber sometimes my right Saber is no where near where my controller is. It’s actually making the game unplayable. 
  • OversizeWizardOversizeWizard Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I just had an update. Wasn't even plugged in.

256550.6810.0 now installed
  • jabjab Posts: 209
    Nexus 6
    edited June 26
    The entire Oculus firmware update process is just plain weird.. I'd even go so far as to call it amateurish.

You get no notification of any kind that a new firmware is downloading or ready for install or anything like that. And once I suddenly find my self on a new firmware with no choice on the matter. If not for some random post on this site I have no information what so ever about this new firmware. What changes should I look for? Does it fix any of the known issues? Does it have any new features I would want to try out? Right now if and when something changes for better or worse, most users will be caught by surprise since they don't even know they are running a new firmware. And the sad outcome of all this is that Oculus is basically teaching me that I should leave my Quest disconnected from the internet as much as possible, to get predictable behavior while using it. Which is something I can guarantee they don't want you to do being owned by Facebook and all that..
  • SerpulaSerpula Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Today I noticed Beat Saber tracking is much worse my right saber loses tracking constantly and ends up at a funny angle...

Looks like a new Quest firmware installed automatically, thanks a lot for that! Please let us choose whether to install an update, this is ridiculous ☹️

Firmware: 256550.6810.0
    Trinity
    Serpula said:
    Today I noticed Beat Saber tracking is much worse my right saber loses tracking constantly and ends up at a funny angle...
    Same for me, Beat Saber is now virtually unplayable for me. Right Saber just randomly drifts and isn’t anywhere near where I’m actually holding the touch controller. 
  • Wariat89Wariat89 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Serpula said:

Looks like a new Quest firmware installed automatically, thanks a lot for that! Please let us choose whether to install an update, this is ridiculous ☹️

same here. tracking sucks
  • IronclawIronclaw Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited June 26
    Yza said:
    Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 
    Yup, that's my main problem with Quest. Most titles I've tried have this problem. Stuttery + this "ghost frame". It doesn't capture when recording on the Quest, so was gonna do it with an external camera, but was too much hassle, so I instead made some images to simulate what happens when I move my hands around.

This is my second Quest, and both have this problem. Made a post on reddit about it with some more info.

Beat Saber has been smooth in both previous and newer headset, but what happened now when I tried it on my new one is my controllers sometime lose tracking (only in BS so far tho). Didn't happen a single time before. I read a patch had recently come that might cause this, either game patch or Oculus Quest patch, so it would probably still be tracking perfectly like before, if I ran it on the same patches I did on my previous headset.

The TL;DR of the post in the link is:

"TL;DR - Quest had stuttering and stuff, got a replacement, it also had the stuttering. Will wait 1 more month for a fix. If not fix by then, I return it to get my money back. This is what the problem looks like when moving my hands."

• jason.yee2jason.yee2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 27
    re: 256550.6810.0
    my right controller (and sometimes left) keeps losing tracking as mentioned above. It is like it goes into Oculus GO controller mode where the controller is not visible, but still connected. The oculus sees it as in a fixed position, but you can rotate around this fixed position and still interact. You have to push the sleep button and then when you wake it up, the controller is back. This never happened to me until this update. Yeah, you can't play beat saber as it can happen mid level! All I can do now is play things like Tilt Brush and Big Screen VR where losing my controller is less frustrating.

How do we downgrade?
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 182 Oculus Staff
    There are a lot of variables when it comes to things like tracking, so if you are experiencing issues after receiving the latest update (or really any time), please contact Oculus customer support. This will allow them to investigate your particular situation more thoroughly. Thank you!
  • fluffybuunnnnssfluffybuunnnnss Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    For the love of God can we please get a steam app, it would make so many people happy and the quest popularity would pick up simply because people who do and dont own a quest love steam vr and would kill to play steam vr on quest, right now we have to do a bunch of imports that barely function of you want to play a game! Even then it still limits the steam VR games you can play
  • motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,449 Oculus Start Member
    For the love of God can we please get a steam app, it would make so many people happy and the quest popularity would pick up simply because people who do and dont own a quest love steam vr and would kill to play steam vr on quest, right now we have to do a bunch of imports that barely function of you want to play a game! Even then it still limits the steam VR games you can play
    I don't like Steam VR.. I like Oculus VR.
  • beyyy18beyyy18 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Why are you looking for a Steam App ? 
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    @beyyy18 Because we want to play pcvr via steam to the quest. Ggodin did just that through vr desktop but steamvr is laggy. If a direct way was possible then it might remove the lag.
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • peterguns23peterguns23 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have 256550.6170.5 is this the latest version???? Thanks 
    Trinity
    I have 256550.6170.5 is this the latest version???? Thanks 
    No its 256550.6810.0
  • dmel93dmel93 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same issue. My right controller tracking has gotten worse in Beat Saber. Oculus really needs to fix this ASAP.
  • oculussixoculussix Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited June 30
    Yza said:
    Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

The same problem. I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now. Ghosting now.
    A new quickly update, please.

NerveGear
    oculussix said:
    Yza said:

The same problem. I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now. Ghosting now.

Yup, noticed this immediately when I first used my Quest. Most titles I've tried have this visual problem, and it's game-breaking to me. Even got my first Quest replaced, but the second one had the same problem. Read my comment above for more info:

• oculussixoculussix Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited July 1
    Ironclaw said:
    oculussix said:
    Yza said:

Yup, noticed this immediately when I first used my Quest. Most titles I've tried have this visual problem, and it's game-breaking to me. Even got my first Quest replaced, but the second one had the same problem. Read my comment above for more info:

I did not notice the first time in the windows of the main room.
    Now, that must be the update, I would have noticed before.
    In high contrast when moving the head fast you can see the effect.

• SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 832
    3Jane
    edited July 2
    I just played with mine today for the first time in about a week, and I did an hour straight in Beat Saber...not an issue whatsoever. I even played 2 levels in Robo Recall without issue. I checked to make sure I was updated, coming to this thread to make sure, and yep...my phone says my Quest is at 256550.6810.0. As for visuals, I haven't noticed any difference, but then I also wear glasses, and get reflections on my own lenses from the screens...like being able to see the Oculus logo at the bottom of my lenses. I need to order the prescription inserts.

Also, on a side note...either they changed maps in Beat Saber, or the version for the Quest is completely different...some of the songs weren't this damn hard before...lol. :P
    NerveGear
    oculussix said:
    Ironclaw said:
    oculussix said:
    Yza said:

I did not notice the first time in the windows of the main room.
    Now, that must be the update, I would have noticed before.
    In high contrast when moving the head fast you can see the effect.

The problem I have has nothing to do with contrast or certain scenes (maybe you mean godrays?), and my problem is only visible when moving the hands/controllers, not the headset. The environments in VR are always perfect, it's just the hands and whatever they are holding that is glitchy.