New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

1235»

Comments

  • pistoman61pistoman61 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    RCHeliz said:
    Mivico said:
    Hi, I have checked on the settings on my Quest, it is the New OS version. I got no update messages or popups. It did it alone in background ?

    But now the Home looks more blurry, and also 360 youtube videos even on 4k, it is very blurry (youtube from Brosser or from youtube VR app) but also with less antialiasing, what happened ?
    Could WE know exactly what is the changelog did ???

    Thank you !
    Are you sure about the blurryness? Can someone else confirm this?
    los videos 360 o youtubevr se ven mal borroso y poco definido , no los pongo de lo mal que se ven

  • oculussixoculussix Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Ironclaw said:
    oculussix said:
    Ironclaw said:
    oculussix said:
    Yza said:
    Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

    I did not notice the first time in the windows of the main room.
    Now, that must be the update, I would have noticed before.
    In high contrast when moving the head fast you can see the effect.

    Firmware: 256550.6810.0

    The problem I have has nothing to do with contrast or certain scenes (maybe you mean godrays?), and my problem is only visible when moving the hands/controllers, not the headset. The environments in VR are always perfect, it's just the hands and whatever they are holding that is glitchy.
    No godrays. In the main room, you look at the left windows and move the head fast - left and right -, you will be see a stela the window frame. With background with clear light happens to me if infront of there is a dark colored figure.

  • oculussixoculussix Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Yza said:
    Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 
    Look for information about the problem. It is usually visible when there are dark objects moving in front of a light background. In OLED this happens with pure blacks.
    I've recently noticed black smear across all apps, I'm sure that before the update was not happening. Black smear now?
    As follows: https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/dg/rzs754mbhjeh.gif

    Someone else?









  • WolfoxWolfox Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    I don't know if it's the correct session, but would be nice to have as soon as possible in a future Update:
    -More reliable shutdown, NO boot up after disconnecting the charger.
    -Possibility to have a better battery management while using other chargers (
    Percentage jumping 80%-100%-80% while connected to a USB bus)
    -Possibility to turn OFF vibrations on the controllers
    Thanks
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 552
    Trinity
    edited July 2019
    The 6810 update has resulted in so many tracking problems for me.  I really hope Oculus pushes a new update soon.

    I had to stop playing Shadow Point this evening, as it kept completely losing headset tracking which bumped me out to Oculus Home environment several times.  It finally got to a point where the game completely lost track of where I was and thought was out of bounds no matter where I stood in my play space.

    This isn't the first time this has happened since the update, but I never had these types of tracking problems before the 6810 update. 
  • Berzerk67Berzerk67 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It always loses my left controller. At least twice in half an hour. Not fun and embarrassing. I wait for one more firmwareupdate, then I'm gonna return my quest.
  • SerpulaSerpula Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I had no tracking problems before the 6810 update and now I’m losing controllers and even more annoying, it keeps freezing my game (which is nauseating) and booting me back to the guardian setup before suddenly starting the game again.

    I’m checking back here every day the moment. Please could someone at least tell us it’s being worked on?! Support is useless, their only advice is a factory reset, which does nothing (and loses all game progress).
  • SirMarshallSirMarshall Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Same for me... tracking issues with 6810.

  • looneyhoustonlooneyhouston Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Me too. Was advised to send mine in and wait for another in the mail by support
  • YzaYza Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Never had so many tracking issues like in the recent update (freezing controller & whole tracking/guardian). I think the IR exposure is wrongly set (I often see overexposured passthrough video even while being indoor with shaded windows) - should be dynamically changed to sustain changes in lighting/weather. Also the guardian grid show way too late - I already hit a wall with my fists because I couldn't see any guardian net at all! Can't wait for the next update - hope it solves some of the issues.
  • TovertannekeTovertanneke Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The standing guardian is way too small. I am not a tall person, only 1.6 mtr but when I extend my arms they are outside the guardian. Very anoing while playing. Please make it bigger.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    Yza said:
    Never had so many tracking issues like in the recent update (freezing controller & whole tracking/guardian). I think the IR exposure is wrongly set (I often see overexposured passthrough video even while being indoor with shaded windows) - should be dynamically changed to sustain changes in lighting/weather. Also the guardian grid show way too late - I already hit a wall with my fists because I couldn't see any guardian net at all! Can't wait for the next update - hope it solves some of the issues.
    Your gaurdian's not popping up properly? Strange...most people with the Quest say it pops up way too early, as compared to the Rift. In Beat Saber, it pops up by the speed you're swinging the controller, even if you aren't even close to it, as compared with the Rift and external sensors, where it pops up as you touch it. But if you're punching walls before it pops up...then you're setting it too close to your walls to begin with. I give myself a 2' barrier between the actual walls and where I paint my boundary. That way...if I happen to be in full swing as the guardian pops up, I'm not going to hit anything. That...and it's hard to stop momentum when you're half way through a swing or punch when the guardian does pop up. That 2' barrier saves your walls...and tv's. :P
  • fl4shb1cfl4shb1c Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    The standing guardian is way too small. I am not a tall person, only 1.6 mtr but when I extend my arms they are outside the guardian. Very anoing while playing. Please make it bigger.
    Yeah, when using standing/sitting guardian, they need to disable the hand controllers triggering the boundary. I started disabling the guardian if I'm standing/sitting to stop the "blue wall of death" interrupting my play.
  • cforcalvincforcalvin Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    fl4shb1c said:
    The standing guardian is way too small. I am not a tall person, only 1.6 mtr but when I extend my arms they are outside the guardian. Very anoing while playing. Please make it bigger.
    Yeah, when using standing/sitting guardian, they need to disable the hand controllers triggering the boundary. I started disabling the guardian if I'm standing/sitting to stop the "blue wall of death" interrupting my play.
    well, if you think about it- there really doesn’t need to be a standing/sitting guardian at all. quest just needs to have a guardian on and guardian off (3dof mode) , and that’s it. you dont plan on moving around? you wanna watch a movie in the dark? turn off guardian- done.
  • cforcalvincforcalvin Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    enigma01 said:
    diomark said:
    Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?
    Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!
    Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.
    did you guys fix the guardian off bug yet? instead of improving an almost flawless guardian, i think some resources could be spent on fixing the looming bug in developer mode (guardian off doesn’t stay off, coming out of sleep mode). please talk to a PM about upping the priority if it’s already a ticket- this fix needs to happen regardless of the upcoming lights out mode.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    edited July 2019
    enigma01 said:
    diomark said:
    Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?
    Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!
    Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.
    did you guys fix the guardian off bug yet? instead of improving an almost flawless guardian, i think some resources could be spent on fixing the looming bug in developer mode (guardian off doesn’t stay off, coming out of sleep mode). please talk to a PM about upping the priority if it’s already a ticket- this fix needs to happen regardless of the upcoming lights out mode.

    Enable developer mode in the Oculus app on the phone, then go into settings on the Quest, then select 'all', then 'developer' on the side panel...then deactivate the Guardian. You have to do it every time you reboot, but that's a safety feature, so you're going to have to physically disable it each time.
  • KingPinAutKingPinAut Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    So this is not the update that is corresponding to 1.39 for Rift S, or is it?

    When is that one coming? I need that improvement in tracking! :)
  • Aidens12Aidens12 Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    So this is not the update that is corresponding to 1.39 for Rift S, or is it?

    When is that one coming? I need that improvement in tracking! :)
    it is not
Sign In or Register to comment.