Rift S incompatible with 430.86? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S incompatible with 430.86?

younglinkgcnyounglinkgcn Posts: 3
NerveGear

Been trying to solve this for hours now with no avail.

https://i.imgur.com/dIL9ywr.png

Tried reinstalling graphics drivers, doing clean installs, uninstalling and reinstalling, tried reinstalling the oculus app, enabled PTC. restarted pc several times, tried swapping which DP the oculus was plugged into. nothing. Currently on Version 430.86. Also tried going back to the previous version 430.64.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,081
    Wintermute
    The latest 430.86 works ok for both my Rift S and cv1.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • younglinkgcnyounglinkgcn Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    The latest 430.86 works ok for both my Rift S and cv1.
    Any idea why mine says it isn't?
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,081
    Wintermute
    Sorry but I don’t know why.  Try contacting Oculus suppprt.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • sraurasraura Posts: 396
    Trinity
    Can confirm that 430.86 works fine with Rift S, but on different gfx card.
    Msi GF-GTX 1060 6GB, desktop computer.
  • shane_powellshane_powell Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had this error with the 1080ti on those drivers but I managed to fix it. The issue was not caused by my Nvidia driver but some old AMD ones installed 4 years ago. I used AMD uninstall all utility and it fixed everything.
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 94
    Hiro Protagonist
    Rift S working ok with 430.86 drivers with a rtx 2070 here.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,525 Volunteer Moderator
    If your system has an on-board video chipset (Intel HD), the Oculus software can throw an error about outdated drivers there, even though you're not using the onboard graphics. If you're sure that your Nvidia drivers are fine, you can try updating the drivers for your drivers for the on-board graphics chip.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    I'd personally try a REBOOT with Oculus detached, then REBOOT again and attach.
  • younglinkgcnyounglinkgcn Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I had this error with the 1080ti on those drivers but I managed to fix it. The issue was not caused by my Nvidia driver but some old AMD ones installed 4 years ago. I used AMD uninstall all utility and it fixed everything.
    This solved my issue, thanks ^^
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited June 7
    In fact in support of this Post, this version clearly states compatible with RIFT S (mere advertising as usual!) but any of them work from 388 onwards which all perform the experimental Pullout but does not work as it used to which for me only Pins the whole Desktop rather than any Pullouts but I have seen a Youtuber have it working when using the Pass-Through with many Pullout Windows and edited his own video!