New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S incompatible with 430.86?

younglinkgcnyounglinkgcn Posts: 3
NerveGear

Been trying to solve this for hours now with no avail.

https://i.imgur.com/dIL9ywr.png

Tried reinstalling graphics drivers, doing clean installs, uninstalling and reinstalling, tried reinstalling the oculus app, enabled PTC. restarted pc several times, tried swapping which DP the oculus was plugged into. nothing. Currently on Version 430.86. Also tried going back to the previous version 430.64.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,278 Valuable Player
    The latest 430.86 works ok for both my Rift S and cv1.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• younglinkgcnyounglinkgcn Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    The latest 430.86 works ok for both my Rift S and cv1.
    Any idea why mine says it isn't?
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,278 Valuable Player
    Sorry but I don’t know why.  Try contacting Oculus suppprt.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• sraurasraura Posts: 590
    Trinity
    Can confirm that 430.86 works fine with Rift S, but on different gfx card.
    Msi GF-GTX 1060 6GB, desktop computer.
  • shane_powellshane_powell Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I had this error with the 1080ti on those drivers but I managed to fix it. The issue was not caused by my Nvidia driver but some old AMD ones installed 4 years ago. I used AMD uninstall all utility and it fixed everything.
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    Rift S working ok with 430.86 drivers with a rtx 2070 here.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,530 Volunteer Moderator
    If your system has an on-board video chipset (Intel HD), the Oculus software can throw an error about outdated drivers there, even though you're not using the onboard graphics. If you're sure that your Nvidia drivers are fine, you can try updating the drivers for your drivers for the on-board graphics chip.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    I'd personally try a REBOOT with Oculus detached, then REBOOT again and attach.
  • younglinkgcnyounglinkgcn Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I had this error with the 1080ti on those drivers but I managed to fix it. The issue was not caused by my Nvidia driver but some old AMD ones installed 4 years ago. I used AMD uninstall all utility and it fixed everything.
    This solved my issue, thanks ^^
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited June 2019
    In fact in support of this Post, this version clearly states compatible with RIFT S (mere advertising as usual!) but any of them work from 388 onwards which all perform the experimental Pullout but does not work as it used to which for me only Pins the whole Desktop rather than any Pullouts but I have seen a Youtuber have it working when using the Pass-Through with many Pullout Windows and edited his own video!