After initial setup, will Oculus Quest ever still need to be paired with it again? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

After initial setup, will Oculus Quest ever still need to be paired with it again?

UNSFUNSF Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi all.

I plan to buy a (2nd) Quest for my mom, who lives in a different country from I am.
After the initial setup by pairing Quest with my phone, can I just send it to another country and never have to worry about BT pairing again?
My mom is eager to try new IT stuff but is oblivious about the settings. I do not want her having to do the initial setting again.

Also, how many headsets can be tied to the same account, and the games bought under it?
I would like her to be able to just download the games I bought, as being an old-timer she still never trusts online-shopping and is unlikely to spend a single penny, but we all know how lackluster the default Quest Apps are.

Comments

• PetrofsLabsPetrofsLabs Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i have same question. I am buying a second for VR parties at my house. Same account/games or do I need two accts and rebuy same games?

• SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 477
    Trinity
    I believe you can have multiple Quest headsets per account, but only 1 can be used at a time. And if using multiple accounts, even if in the same household, they need to purchase their own games. Unless 1 is using a Rift on the pc, and 1 is using a Quest. Then there's cross-buy and cross-play, but not all titles are supported. I had to buy Beat Saber all over again for the Quest, even though I already paid for it for my Rift. Blah.

As for pairing for the setup, then giving to someone else...you 'shouldn't' have to pair again, unless you need to do a factory reset, or some kind of bug along the way requires you to do so, including pairing the controllers. But...if something comes up, if that person is too far away from you, you'd have to walk them through it. Screenshots help when trying to explain things. :P
  • UNSFUNSF Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you!
    Well that sucks... needing to buy games all over again for 2nd headset in order to log in at same time. 
    Trinity
    Yeah, it's not like old school console gaming where you just buy 1 copy, and plug in a 2nd controller. Unfortunately. :P
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,114
    Wintermute
    Spuzzum said:
    Yeah, it's not like old school console gaming where you just buy 1 copy, and plug in a 2nd controller. Unfortunately. :P

That is still only running one copy of the software on the one device. The OP wants to buy the software once, and have unlimited devices running it. That's just not fair for the developer.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Trinity
    Richooal said:
    Spuzzum said:

That is still only running one copy of the software on the one device. The OP wants to buy the software once, and have unlimited devices running it. That's just not fair for the developer.

I understand that...my point was 2 people in the same room wanting to play the same game need to buy the game separately. They should have a family pack for members of the same household.